PDA

View Full Version : Will Tiffany replace a broken chain?

khalloc
01-14-2012, 10:31 PM
DH bought me a key necklace from Tiffany for Xmas. This morning it was hanging off my neck. The chain had broken. The silver links are SOOOOO thin! I wouldn't have asked for this style if I knew how dainty it was. Will Tiffany replace it for free? I've only had it a couple of weeks. I would have to mail it in since there is no store in my state.

maylips
01-14-2012, 11:35 PM
That's terrible! I don't know their policy, but I would assume they'd work with you, especially since it's so soon after Christmas. It's not to your favor that you can't go talk to someone in person but I would definitely give them a call.

Were you sleeping with it on? I would be mad if you just had it on and it broke - that's not good at all.

karstmama
01-15-2012, 11:04 AM
in my experience, i had a bracelet break, but further out than a week or two. anyway, i mailed it in, they checked it out & charged me a $25ish service fee to fix it, and sent me a new one (i know because the charm didn't have some scratches i know were there).

this close to you getting it, it might be less $ or free, but they're good to work with.

DrSally
01-15-2012, 11:18 AM
I thinkmthey have a one year warranty.

♥ms.pacman♥
01-15-2012, 11:26 AM
From what I heard from Tiffany's they should TOTALLY replace it. It's only been a few weeks! I've heard of people getting stuff fixed etc several months after. If they didn't replace something that broke after only a couple weeks, I'd be surprised, not to mention pissed!