PDA

View Full Version : Penzey spice fans..I need help choosing

infomama
01-15-2012, 12:20 AM
Gift for a dear friend and budget is about $25. I have a big list but I want to narrow it to 4-5.

mskitty
01-15-2012, 12:28 AM
Top 4 I use from Penzeys:
Cinnamon
Ozark
Italian
Fajita

mskitty

wellyes
01-15-2012, 01:10 AM
I'm obsessed with Tuscan sunset. Use it 3x a week at least - with any red sauce especially.

Uno-Mom
01-15-2012, 01:14 AM
Cinnamon, cinnamon and more cinnamon! Oh, and their double-strenght vanilla.

Honestly, all their spices are so lovely. We have some blends that came in gift packs but we rarely use them. The single spices are so very good.

One year we gave my friend a gift set of different Indian spices. That went over well but might exceed your $25 limit.

AnnieW625
01-15-2012, 03:35 AM
Mural of Flavor is my favorite. Fajita is WAY too salty for my tastes. I like Chili 3000 better; the people at the Penseys store suggested it. I think the jerk chicken is spicy. I also highly recommend the salad elegant seasoning as it is great with grilled veggies, and scrambled eggs. I don't believe I have tried anything else on your list.

blisstwins
01-15-2012, 04:43 AM
What a nice gift. Sunny Paris is our favorite. Surprisingly good in eggs.

sarahsthreads
01-15-2012, 06:39 AM
I voted Northwoods since that's the only blend on your list we've tried (and regularly reorder). Great for grilling steaks!

We buy pretty much all of our spices from there. The cinnamon and double-strength vanilla, as Uno-Mom says, are wonderful! I also love the Green Goddess dressing blend. It is fabulous for veggie dips, and super easy to mix up with the directions on the bottle. Oh! And we also use tons of their taco seasoning - not too hot for the kids, but waaaaay tastier (and less salty) than the Ortega packets or the like from the grocery store.

Sarah :)