PDA

View Full Version : Verizon Iphone?

suzi
01-15-2012, 12:25 AM
My Droid is on the fritz and I'm due for another phone/2yr commitment. I really like the Droid but would enjoy consolidating my music and podcasts with my phone. Anyone have comments on Verizon's Iphone or transitioning from Droid to Iphone? Thanks.

kaitlyns.mom
01-15-2012, 01:16 AM
No experience with the Droid but I've had my Verizon Iphone for about 2 1/2 months and love it. I don't think I have had a single dropped call (on my end anyway). I was eligible for a new phone so I got a good deal and a discount on my data plan.

mjs64
01-15-2012, 01:20 AM
No experience with the Droid but I've had my Verizon Iphone for about 2 1/2 months and love it. I don't think I have had a single dropped call (on my end anyway). I was eligible for a new phone so I got a good deal and a discount on my data plan.

This exactly for me, except I've had the iPhone 3 longer. Verizon is great (or as great as a cell phone company can be, especially compared to AT&T), love my phone.

Drag0nflygirl
01-15-2012, 01:41 AM
DD2 just put my Droid Incredible through the dishwasher. Not so incredible anymore. Here's the wicked lucky part - my brother owns several Verizon stores. Since I just got an Ipad he replaced it with an Iphone. It's nice that what I do with the phone shows up on the pad and vice versa. The screen size drives me batty though. It seems way small, but it's actually heavier than my droid was. Aside from that it's just a tiny Ipad that makes phone calls and you can talk to. Haven't gotten so far as to figure Siri out yet.
If you think you'd share music and photos through two or more devices then go for it. On the other hand there's always dropbox for photos and such. Otherwise I'm not finding a huge difference. Here's something though - DB could have any phone in the whole world, and he has always had a droid. He just went to the Motorola Razr. It's nice. It's slim with a large screen and has gorilla glass. His business partner also has a droid.

AnnieW625
01-15-2012, 03:19 AM
The IPhone 4s for Verizon is my first smart phone. I got it for $99 because I had a $100 new every 2 credit because it had been 6 yrs. since I had gotten a new phone. I am very happy with phone and the call quality (except in my office) is quite good. I have not had any dropped calls. I got my phone in October. I am not a techie who needs to be able to unlock things or wants to write programs so I was very happy with what the IPhone can do. I like that it is user friendly.

Penny's Pappa
01-15-2012, 09:49 AM
I have had my Verizon iPhone 4 for almost a year now. If you're looking for a phone that will manage your music well, the iPhone is it. The iPod functionality of the phone is superb, you just have to be comfortable (and willing) to deal with iTunes.

My biggest complaint about the iPhone 4 is that its a bit under-powered for the amount of work it's supposed to be able to do. The iPhone 4S helps address that with a souped up processor, but some additional system memory would have been nice.

I don't think you'd have any problems transitioning from a Droid to an iPhone, but you may end up missing a few things, in particular, Widgets. The iPhone has a very simple interface; it's just a bunch of pages with app icons on them. There are no widgets to give you live updates on the weather, Facebook, etc. You have to actually open an app to check that stuff. If there's one thing from the Droid-world that I would like on my iPhone, Widgets would be it.

Swimfreak78
01-15-2012, 06:28 PM
Any rec's on good kid friendly cases? I've seen the Otterbox and the Griffin. We have a Gumdrop on the iPad.

Swimfreak78
01-15-2012, 07:16 PM
One more question - worth getting the Verizon warranty or go with Applecare?

SnuggleBuggles
01-15-2012, 07:21 PM
Dh bought my iPhone and he reviewed Apple Care, Verizon and Square Trade. For price and what was covered, he chose Square Trade. And, FYI, we about 10 days after we bought the warranty, they sent me a basic iPhone case in the mail.

wellyes
01-15-2012, 07:25 PM
Love my Verizon phone but there c/s is not great. AppleCare for sure.