PDA

View Full Version : Best bubbles?

crl
01-15-2012, 12:30 AM
Which bubbles are good? I have this vague memory that Gymboree bubbles are good?

Thanks!
Catherine

wencit
01-15-2012, 12:41 AM
Yep, Gymboree bubbles are the best that I've ever seen. Don't know what they put in them, but those bubbles last for-ev-er before popping!

Beth24
01-15-2012, 01:05 AM
Yep, Gymboree bubbles are the best that I've ever seen. Don't know what they put in them, but those bubbles last for-ev-er before popping!

:yeahthat:! And I love the Gymboree bubble blower too.

crl
01-15-2012, 01:29 AM
Thank you!
Catherine

momm
01-15-2012, 09:40 AM
I've never tried the Gymboree ones, but have these:

Funrise Bubbles (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0009V89IK/ref=as_li_ss_til?tag=fromonedesimo-20&camp=0&creative=0&linkCode=as4&creativeASIN=B0009V89IK&adid=1SCD5QFMEJBYQ783Y96N)

They last a long time and the handle is fun and easy for DC to hold

HTH!!

GvilleGirl
01-15-2012, 10:00 AM
Gymboree! I never knew they were good and bad bubbles and until I tried some from Targets dollar bin- not good.

♥ms.pacman♥
01-15-2012, 10:18 AM
hmm, i will have to try the gymbo ones. when we used to have DS in Gymbo classes i remember the teacher saying the bubbles were made of sugar-based material and if the child gets some into their eye it won't irritate them like regular bubble solution

crl
01-15-2012, 10:48 AM
Anyone happen to know how much the Gymboree bubbles cost? I am assuming I buy them at the play/activities place as opposed to at the retail store?

Thanks!
Catherine

jerigirl
01-15-2012, 11:58 AM
Most stores have some I believe. You shouldn't have to go to a play location to buy them. I believe they are the same price either way.

crl
01-15-2012, 12:14 PM
Most stores have some I believe. You shouldn't have to go to a play location to buy them. I believe they are the same price either way.

Ah, very good to know. I have a retail store nearby. I haven't ever noticed them in store, maybe I just need to ask?

Thanks,
Catherine

Beth24
01-15-2012, 12:19 PM
Anyone happen to know how much the Gymboree bubbles cost? I am assuming I buy them at the play/activities place as opposed to at the retail store?

Thanks!
Catherine

My local mall had both stores. They were out of the bubbles in the retail store so I walked over to the play/class one. I bought the blower which came with one small container of bubbles and two larger refills and spent about $11.

crl
01-15-2012, 12:29 PM
My local mall had both stores. They were out of the bubbles in the retail store so I walked over to the play/class one. I bought the blower which came with one small container of bubbles and two larger refills and spent about $11.

Thank you!
Catherine

hellbennt
01-16-2012, 07:53 PM
I don't know about loong-lasting, but the most beaUtiful bubbles are
Pustefix (http://www.amazon.com/Pustefix-Bubbles-Wand-Colors-vary/dp/B000KJQJJW)!

Pinky
03-29-2012, 09:04 PM
I"ll have to try the Gymboree bubbles! They must be pretty good.

If you want to make your own bubbles, check out these recipes:
http://bubbleblowers.com/homemade.html
I can't remember exactly which one I used, but I think it was this one (We made a huge jug of it and it makes the best bubbles; supposedly the glycerin or sugar really makes a big difference.

"Cyndi's Bubble Recipes
from the Nathan's Wish web site
1/2 cup of dishwashing liquid (Dawn or Joy)
2 cups of water
2 teaspoons of sugar

Cyndi suggests adding a dab of food coloring for colorful bubbles.

citymama
03-29-2012, 11:53 PM
Hands down, no contest: Pustefix. Gorgeous rainbow bubbles, made in Germany to boot! I love these things. Try 'em, Gymboree is no comparison.

I've bought the smaller bottles at a local toy store (about $2) and the larger ones on amazon.com for about $4.

crl
03-30-2012, 12:20 AM
Thanks! I have some for dd's Easter Basket already but I'll keep those in mind for when we run out.

Catherine

Uno-Mom
03-30-2012, 01:39 AM
Do the Pustefix bubbles stain clothing or furniture? We're often cajoled into doing bubbles in our famly room.

citymama
03-30-2012, 02:07 AM
Do the Pustefix bubbles stain clothing or furniture? We're often cajoled into doing bubbles in our famly room.

I don't believe so. But I stand pretty firm on the no bubbles indoors policy!