PDA

View Full Version : Shapewear?

AngB
01-15-2012, 05:47 PM
I'm looking for something to suck in my tummy most especially, I have a generic brand kind from pre-babies that I thought fits okay but the top of it always rolls down and drives me insane. Do I need to size up, size down, try a different brand? Any suggestions? (besides work out more which isn't an option right now, unfortunately.)

Thanks!

kara97210
01-16-2012, 12:12 AM
I feel like all of the ones that are like shorts roll down. I have spanx, but am not crazy about them for this reason.

I have a good friend who always looks great and she swears by full body shapeware - she likes Maidenform. It looks uncomfortable to me, so I haven't taken the plunge, but she claims it's comfortable, like wearing a swimsuit and it takes off 1-2 sizes.

wellyes
01-16-2012, 12:26 AM
I like flexees - the full body kind where you can wear own own bra. Slimming but not too constrictive and no bulges. http://www.maidenform.com/flexees/solutions/wear-your-own-bra/

fivi2
01-16-2012, 11:11 AM
I have the flexees camis they sold at Costco ; fat free dressing, I think. It is longer than others I have tried. They don't always have it at Costco. I ordered one from Amazon and it is slightly different, but I still like it. tI does cover your bra area, but a thinner material than the tummy portion.

AngB
01-16-2012, 01:54 PM
Thanks! Yes, I guess the only way to get one that stays in place is if it goes all the way up, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't because I'm not using namebrand spanx or sizing wrong. Thanks for the recommendations!

baileygirl
01-16-2012, 04:06 PM
I have one of the flexees they sell at Costco and love it! Unfortunately, they haven't had them at our store for awhile. I am hoping they come back!

lcarlson90
01-17-2012, 12:02 AM
Thanks for posting this OP...I have been wondering about shapewear too. For those of you that recommended the Flexees, which one do you have?

trales
01-17-2012, 12:06 PM
I like the look of the flexees, and this is probably a dumb question, do they have a snap crotch or do you have to undress to use the bathroom. I would want the pair with the shorts to give me the smoothest shape.

AngB
01-17-2012, 03:17 PM
I like the look of the flexees, and this is probably a dumb question, do they have a snap crotch or do you have to undress to use the bathroom. I would want the pair with the shorts to give me the smoothest shape.

I looked at them at Kohls (which btw has buy one get one 1/2 off, plus 30% off if you use a Kohl's charge and promo code LUV2SHOP30)...the reviews at Kohls definitely favor the flexees the most, but there are some complaints that there is no crotch opening to use the bathroom (or the one that is there is not enough...)

wellyes
01-17-2012, 03:24 PM
I have this one - it has crotch snaps. I just evens out your shape and slims a little without being constrictive. It is not a dramatic shaper, more subtle, but I like that I can forget I'm wearing it. I am a size 18 and the xxl is great. http://www.amazon.com/Flexees-Flexees®-Ultimate-Slimmer-Torsette/dp/B00284B5OG/ref=sr_1_5?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1326827995&sr=1-5

I've seen it at Macy's and similar dept stores but amazon is way cheaper.

AngB
01-17-2012, 04:13 PM
I have this one - it has crotch snaps. I just evens out your shape and slims a little without being constrictive. It is not a dramatic shaper, more subtle, but I like that I can forget I'm wearing it. I am a size 18 and the xxl is great. http://www.amazon.com/Flexees-Flexees®-Ultimate-Slimmer-Torsette/dp/B00284B5OG/ref=sr_1_5?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1326827995&sr=1-5

I've seen it at Macy's and similar dept stores but amazon is way cheaper.

Yep, thanks, I did the math and amazon is cheaper than the kohl's "deal"