PDA

View Full Version : Carseatdata.org - Compatibility Database

mgil
01-15-2012, 08:41 PM
I bought and am reading the Baby 411 book. In the car seat section it refers to a compatibility database on the carseatdata.org website. I'm ready to pull my hair out trying to locate this database. My goal is to find out what car seats will best fit into our Honda CRV. Since the book harps that you need to make sure the seat you buy fits into YOUR car I thought this was an important check. Worst of all the carseatdata.org website has NOTHING on the Peg Perego brand.

Can someone help me locate this resource?

legaleagle
01-15-2012, 09:11 PM
I believe it's no longer around because it got so out of date. Also, seats in general are easier to install than they were even 5 years ago, so while there are definitely still seat + car incompatibility combos, for the most part, esp the easier brands (eg britax), will install fine in just about any car.

I'm guessing you're looking for an infant seat? I believe the chicco keyfit and the graco snugrides will install easily in most cars and fit babies, even tiny ones well. Try doing a site search on http://car-seat.org (they have a google search box on the page) for the seat + car combo. You can also post a question without registering there.

Sopamanda
01-15-2012, 09:21 PM
Mgil, I empathize. The ratings are straight forward enough but certainly not all you need to make an informed decision!

We're driving a crv too. Looking for a booster. ;)

Joolsplus2
01-16-2012, 06:01 PM
CR-V's are easy (sometimes a center install can be a pain, depending on the model year and whether you are using the seatbelt or LATCH), Peg Peregos are a pain in my experience (my apologies if you've already bought one, I'm sure we can help you install it ;)).
carseatdata was given to elitecarseats and they went out of business :/.

hellbennt
01-16-2012, 08:04 PM
one thing I learned on this board, is that you do not *have* to get a carseat that 'goes' with the stroller. If you're thinking about peg perego stroller, and that's why you'd like the car seat, then you might want to try another infant seat. For instance, years ago, I had a peg perego stroller and a graco snugride. I learned (here) to recline the stroller seat & the snugride fit right in. At first I thought I would need to *strap* it (snugride) in, but it was such a 'good' fit that after I saw dh take the seat & the stroller on a test ride, over curbs, bumps, etc & the snugride didn't budge- then I felt much better. I used this combo for two kiddos...

I also have a crv (2003). I had a snugride, then britax marathon and even the beast of a Regent:love-retry: