PDA

View Full Version : Graco has me confused...

drcarpiodds
01-16-2012, 05:13 PM
DD is due in may, so i've started researching infant car seats...

We have a baby trend carseat from 2008 (dont know where to find the 411 on if its expired or not)...

Just in case it is expired (better safe than sorry), i've been checking out the new baby trends (havent changed much) and the gracos... No other brands as my strollers are ready to accommodate the baby trend and graco models...

But what is up with all the variations of the snugride? Is there one that is better than the others? It seems that all the bases are compatible on the numbered snug rides.

Also, is there a snugride that has a smaller base, which would make it easier to squeeze between two britax ff marathons for a three in a row set up?

PLEASE HELP... I'm confused.

Joolsplus2
01-16-2012, 06:05 PM
Baby Trend seats are good for 6 years, and if that's what works between your MA's, keep it (it's hard to find anything narrower, but remember you have to put the handle down on that model, Graco handles can be left up in the car). The Snugride 30 fits on the 30/32/25 base, but the 30 has by far the narrowest base. The 22 was the old one that has no numbers, it has the widest base. The 30/32/35 base which is sold separately, is wider than the 30 and narrower than the 22, but by far the nicest to install (it has a lockoff to clamp the seatbelt, in many cases there's no LATCH in the center, so that's nice).
Hope that helps...?

drcarpiodds
01-19-2012, 01:56 AM
Great 411...

DH and I will be trying out the flex loc and graco snugrides this weekend =)

Not so confused anymore =)