PDA

View Full Version : Scrubs?

AngB
01-17-2012, 12:03 AM
Best place to get some cheap, relatively decent scrubs? I am volunteering at the hospital 2x a week so I don't want to spend a lot but want them to look ok. I've glanced at Ebay, CL, Walmart, and Amazon and didn't find much (need them to be royal blue).

Thanks!

rin
01-17-2012, 01:03 AM
Can you ask at the hospital? Wouldn't they either be able to supply you with some directly or at least be able to give you the info for a supplier?

hkriw
01-17-2012, 07:37 AM
scrubs and beyond for quality and comfort, also- everything washes out of them.

Most hospitals only provide scrubs to certain department- OR L&D etc- from my experience....

ETA scrubs and beyond- in their stores had like value scrubs which I still have many of 10 yrs later..

liz
01-17-2012, 10:11 AM
I recently bought some scrub tops at Walmart. I swear I saw some basic scrub tops/pants in royal blue. Did you look online? They have ship to store if you can't find what you want in the store, and remember no shipping and free returns!

fortato
01-17-2012, 10:24 AM
Do you have a Work N Gear near you? They have some really nice basic scrubs for cheap. AND they have a good clearance selection!!

AngB
01-17-2012, 01:36 PM
Thank you!

Work N Gear is not in my state, but they happen to have a deal on free shipping all day today with no minimum order, so that works out! (The other store had some great deals too, so thanks for that suggestion, but they don't have free shipping unless I buy over $150 or something like that, and the nearest one to me is about 30 miles away, so I think the free shipping is probably going to be priced better overall.)

The hospital doesn't provide scrubs and even my smock that I have to wear over my scrubs top was $12, so I doubt they will give me much, if any, of a discount. (Since I'm going back to school for sonography in another year or two, I don't really mind buying a couple pairs of scrubs because hopefully I can wear them for clinicals and stuff later. But I don't want to invest a lot in them since I don't know if they will have to be a certain color or whatever- like the hospital I'm volunteering in now has a different color of scrubs for each department.)