PDA

View Full Version : Nipple irritation in pregnancy....obviously, TMI

MamaSnoo
01-18-2012, 07:56 AM
With both DD and this pregnancy, I have had some problems with dryness and irritation prior to delivery. Last time I used lanolin occasionally, and it helped. This time, I am trying MotherLove, and I like it as well. Of course, I am avoiding soap in that area.

The problem is, all these things stain my bras. I have no idea what I did the first time around. I have an old box of nursing pads somewhere, but I hate to use those because they are so expensive and bulky. Of course, I do not need the absorbancy at this point. Today I am trying a kleenex on each side.

Anyone else have this problem....how did you protect your bras prior to delivery?

mommylamb
01-18-2012, 08:20 AM
What about the non-disposable nursing pads that you put in the washing machine? That way you won't be wasting the disposable ones. I had some of the non-disposable pads when I was BFing DS1, but I produced so much milk and leaked so much that they were basically useless (they seem to absorb less than the disposables), but this seems like a good use for them.