PDA

View Full Version : Fifth disease in DD's classroom!!

Staraglimmer
01-18-2012, 09:45 AM
Ughh. On my way to my OB to be tested. Please please let me be immune. This is not how I planned on spending today. I'm really worried.

Anyone had this while pregnant?

-Stephanie
Mommy to Hailey Michelle 4/08
& a new addition due 7/1/12

okinawama
01-18-2012, 10:05 AM
I was exposed during my second pregnancy but had been exposed before/was immune. I was a teacher prior to having kids and my OB said that she would be shocked if I wasn't already immune. Any chance that your life prior to kids involved being around a lot of young children?

Tinkerbell313
01-18-2012, 10:19 AM
My daughter had it while I was pregnant with my son. But, it was during the 2nd 20 weeks of pregnancy. I had not been exposed (surprisingly). But there were no concerns.

From what my MD told me and the research I had done, if there are any issues, those issues would show up in the first trimester. And from what I remember, less then 5% of women are affected. Typically, if you to get Fifths Disease while pregnant you would get a mild illness and it would not affect the baby.

Positive vibes sent your way.

llama8
01-18-2012, 09:12 PM
I am not immune and it broke out in DD's daycare room while pregnant with DD2. I did need a blood test from the doctor a week later to make sure I wasn't infected. If I was, I would need weekly monitoring. I was exposed at 30 weeks. It is more dangerous the earlier in the pregnancy. Luckily neither DD1 or me ever got it.

Good luck! It is nerve wracking!