PDA

View Full Version : What do you think?

alexsmommy
01-18-2012, 07:35 PM
I'm eyeballing this. I like the price, and I'd like a parka length jacket. This may curb my craving for a espresso brown faux shearling jacket....

http://www.landsend.com/pp/womens-diamond-down-parka~227745_59.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::NQX&CM_MERCH=IDX_women-_-outerwear&origin=index

I have the Luxe coat in silver already.

mommylamb
01-18-2012, 07:46 PM
I bought that coat during the recent LE sale when everything was 40% off. I can't speak for it yet though because I can't wear it until after I give birth. I bought it in Medium and in Large, but returned the Large already because it fit me even with my big pregnant belly! Hoping the Medium will fit in the long term. I figured I couldn't lose because of LE's return policy.

justlearning
01-18-2012, 07:48 PM
I tried this on today inside a Sears store (where it's $70). I didn't like the really long belt (seemed it'd be a nuisance) and the coat looked bulky on me. It may flatter other bodies but not mine.

alexsmommy
01-18-2012, 07:59 PM
I tried this on today inside a Sears store (where it's $70). I didn't like the really long belt (seemed it'd be a nuisance) and the coat looked bulky on me. It may flatter other bodies but not mine.

I don't use the belt on the Luxe either. It's so long it HAS to be tied and I'm often flying out the door with kiddos underfoot. I occasionally grab it for GNO but that's it. Mmm, I hope it does not make me look bulkly. Still contemplating.

TwinFoxes
01-18-2012, 08:03 PM
Did you see the reviews that say it loses feathers? It loses feathers. I'm going to return mine and I'm totally bummed because it's flattering and warm. :( I keep thinking "maybe it's not so bad" but then I wear it and look like I'm molting.

mommylamb
01-18-2012, 09:34 PM
Did you see the reviews that say it loses feathers? It loses feathers. I'm going to return mine and I'm totally bummed because it's flattering and warm. :( I keep thinking "maybe it's not so bad" but then I wear it and look like I'm molting.

:thumbsdown: I did read them, but I was hoping it wouldn't really be that bad. I'm going to wait and see what it's like once I've had the baby, but that's pretty disappointing. I really liked the coat, and I like the diamond design.

ett
01-18-2012, 10:39 PM
Oh, that's too bad about the feathers. My mother got the jacket version of this for Christmas. She hasn't worn it yet as she just exchanged it for another color which she just received. I'll have to ask her how the shedding is like.

arivecchi
01-18-2012, 10:54 PM
Why not get the faux shearling coat?

Same price.

http://www.landsend.com/pp/womens-faux-shearling-coat~229853_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::PEC&CM_MERCH=IDX_women-_-outerwear-_-jackets-parkas-coats&origin=index

I have last year's version and love it for weekends and going to the boonies in WI.

mypa
01-18-2012, 10:58 PM
I got the dark amethyst diamond down parka during the 40% off sale and I love it! I got the diamond pattern because I thought it looked more slimming than the others (luxe, shimmer, etc) that have the horizontal lines. I've only worn it once and did see a few downs (2-3) coming out but that doesn't bother me (as long as it's not a lot). We'll see how it does as I wear it more.

My favorite part of this parka is the material, so ultra soft and I'm guessing that might be part of the reason why the little downs may come out. I got a down jacket from LE Canvas and the LE diamond parka is much much softer so for me I am willing to over look a bit of down for the ultra soft feel.

The medium fit me great overall but was just a little too snug in the chest (I'm busty) so I went with the large. The large was much bigger, especially in the waist, but the soft material allowed me to cinch the belt in without looking bulky and gave me enough room to layer.

mom2binsd
01-19-2012, 01:20 AM
I think most down jackets lose their feathers, I have a Anne Klein one and my friend has another brand and we both joke that we are always molting...

ett
01-19-2012, 01:54 AM
I think most down jackets lose their feathers, I have a Anne Klein one and my friend has another brand and we both joke that we are always molting...

I agree that most will lose some feathers but from the reviews it seem like they were losing a lot of feathers. (i.e. one person said it was all over the seat in her car).

alexsmommy
01-19-2012, 05:15 PM
I agree that most will lose some feathers but from the reviews it seem like they were losing a lot of feathers. (i.e. one person said it was all over the seat in her car).

I did read the reviews... but was willing to think about getting it and seeing. I've had no problems my Luxe coat and is sounds like there were many more problems with the purple color than any others...
Thanks ladies. Still contemplating.

ilfaith
01-19-2012, 06:10 PM
I really like that coat. I love that it doesn't look as bulky as other down parkas. If I lived in a colder climate, that coat would be hanging in my closet (probably in red or brown...although I also like the purple, black, and cream). For the price, I am almost tempted to get it for any possible future trip north in the winter.

ett
01-19-2012, 08:02 PM
I did read the reviews... but was willing to think about getting it and seeing. I've had no problems my Luxe coat and is sounds like there were many more problems with the purple color than any others...
Thanks ladies. Still contemplating.

I saw my mother today and she told me that the jacket did shed a lot. Way more than her other LE down jacket. She said that it stuck to her shirt and her purse straps. She has the brown one.

alexsmommy
01-19-2012, 08:46 PM
I saw my mother today and she told me that the jacket did shed a lot. Way more than her other LE down jacket. She said that it stuck to her shirt and her purse straps. She has the brown one.

Uh-oh. Think I'll keep looking. I have no desire to be molting everywhere I go! Thanks for the feedback.