PDA

View Full Version : What do you use for overnight diapering?

momm
01-19-2012, 08:25 AM
A friend mentioned that she just uses regular diapers for overnight use, and does not buy overnight diapers. Is that common?

Poll coming!

pastrygirl
01-19-2012, 09:13 AM
With my older son, I was able to use regular daytime disposables overnight. With my younger son, it sometimes works, but some mornings he wakes up wet. If I remember, I put a nighttime diaper on him.

mmommy
01-19-2012, 09:25 AM
Before DD was PTing, we just used regular diapers. If they weren't absorbent enough, we just sized up one size at night. Cheaper than special night diapers with the same effect.

SnuggleBuggles
01-19-2012, 09:29 AM
Regular disposable + a cloth diaper cover over top! Worked great for us!

daisymommy
01-19-2012, 09:56 AM
Up until 3 nights ago, with DS, I had never bought overnight diapers for any of my kids. Regular disposables were always fine. But the last few nights DS woke up soaking wet, and wet sheet. Huggies O.N. have worked well so far. But no, you don't have to buy overnight diapers (as evidence by our history to this point with 2 prior kids).

Minnifer
01-19-2012, 10:18 AM
Regular disposables, but I learned pretty quickly w/DD that I needed to go up a size at night, and that's what I have to do w/DS as well.

BDKmom
01-19-2012, 10:25 AM
We used regular disposables until DS was around 18 months. That's when he started soaking through his regular diapers at night, so we got overnight diapers.

mommytoC
01-19-2012, 11:14 AM
We used regular disposables (or regular disposables one size "up") until around 1 year, then went to overnight disposables (after we started having leaks).
With DD#2, I needed to add diaper doublers beginning around age 2.

veronica
01-19-2012, 11:25 AM
always use huggies overnights. they work so much better for us.
In fact, for ODS, we had to use the huggies overnight and a diaper doubler!

lizzywednesday
01-19-2012, 11:30 AM
Prior to a severe rash outbreak when DD was 9 months old, we were using regular daytime dipes for overnight, but they were getting saggy/leaky as she got older.

Then we started CD overnight, so I added a fleece doubler. We use a combo of pre-folds & fitteds with wool covers when I'll be home in the morning and all-in-ones for when DH is solo.

During DD's hospital stay in September and our family vacation in December, we used overnight 'sposies as I found a brand that didn't upset her li'l bum.

mackmama
01-19-2012, 03:45 PM
We used an overnight disposable which seemed to be the culprit to DC's first diaper rash. So we are back to regular disposables.