PDA

View Full Version : Do you wear white/ivory outerwear?

babybell
01-19-2012, 08:02 PM
I love the look of white/ivory outerwear. I don't know why. I don't really like white shirts/pants/pretty much anything else. But I fear outwear getting horribly dirty, so I haven't gotten any.

I'm thinking of getting one of these from LL Bean, either the coat (http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/66109?feat=504728-GN2) or the vest (http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/61703?productId=1018886&catalog_id=TA&attrValue_0=Ivory). I the vest I can see getting ivory because it's not exposed to the "elements" (except my 2 year old!). But I am crazy for considering the ivory coat? Or should I stick with a darker color, like the purple?

ilfaith
01-19-2012, 09:01 PM
I have a winter white coat that I got last year from Old Navy. It's a wool/poly blend, perhaps not as nice, but similar in style to this...
http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Navigation/Sale/AllProducts/PRDOVR~49622/99102451343/ENE~1+2+3+22+4294967294+20~~~20+17+4294967081~15~~ ~~~~~/49622.jsp

With discounts and sales, I paid something like $35 for it.

Now I do live in Florida, so my winter outerwear doesn't get a whole lot of wear, but I figured for the price, and considering that I'd always wanted a winter white coat, it was worth trying. It may not have been my most practical purchase, but there is something luxurious about a white winter coat.

cono0507
01-19-2012, 09:05 PM
I bought an off white down vest this fall and have been wearing it regularly this winter. I haven't needed to wash it yet, which has been surprising to me. The vest you posted is machine wash/dry so I say go for it! :)

KLD313
01-19-2012, 09:27 PM
I bought a white down jacket from LE last year and I love it. It does get dirty but not too bad and it's washable.

babybell
01-19-2012, 11:31 PM
Okay, I'm getting the sense that if it's washable, it's doable! I think I might take the plunge. :)

sntm
01-19-2012, 11:38 PM
I have an off-white quilted down coat and I wear it all the time. It's dry clean only, but I usually only have to clean it twice a winter (and that's only because the cuffs get a little dirty, which only I see but it bugs me.) I've worn it as my main coat for the past two years and LOVE it.

twowhat?
01-19-2012, 11:39 PM
I have a shiny ivory puffer vest (J Crew) and an ivory chunky sideways cable cardigan (LEC), I love both and both wash up great!

goldenpig
01-19-2012, 11:59 PM
I have a cream colored Betsey Johnson puffer down coat that I bought on sale at Nordstrom. With fur trimmed hood and leopard print lining. :jammin:

echoesofspring
01-20-2012, 12:21 AM
I have a cream cashmere car coat that belonged to my grandmother (probably from the 60's). I aways feel so chic in it!

wendibird22
01-20-2012, 09:38 AM
I have an ivory LE down coat. I really like it, especially because it's so fun to accessorize with. It does get make up around the collar but otherwise it looks pretty clean throughout the winter and yes, machine washable is key.

babybell
01-20-2012, 10:26 AM
I have a cream colored Betsey Johnson puffer down coat that I bought on sale at Nordstrom. With fur trimmed hood and leopard print lining. :jammin:

That sounds like an amazing coat!! You go girl!

arivecchi
01-20-2012, 11:40 AM
I am a huge fan of winter whites and creams. So much prettier than dark colors!

I have a Lands End white down coat and a Lands End white down vest. Use both a lot and they are quite clean although I have washed the vest.

My main coat is a cream colored wool coat that I have had since the early 2000s. It still looks great.

nupe
01-21-2012, 11:28 AM
I totally adore my cream colored Lands End Canvas long down coat from last year. There is a picture of the orange version on this page:
http://canvasblog.landsend.com/2010/12/the-down-jacket.html
HEre it is in cream, on polyvore (Don't know if you have to be logged in to get to this link.)
http://www.polyvore.com/womens_hooded_down_coat/thing?id=26686126

It has a high neck, and that does get my bare escentuals make up on it, but I don't think it is that noticeable. It sometimes gets "dirt marks" mostly from when it scrapes against the car, getting kids in and out. I love that it washes and dries so nicely. And that it is so cozy and warm!

crl
01-21-2012, 11:48 AM
I have a stylish off-white spring jacket my mother gave me for my birthday a couple of years ago. It is dry clean only. I usually get three to five wearings out of it before it has to be cleaned because one kid or another (often not even mine) has managed to get food and/or dirt on it. Now I am a SAHM and we are outside playing with other kids a lot. I could save it for non-kid wearing, but then I'd get to wear it like once a year. I figure since it was a gift I can suck up the dry cleaning cost. Although I am thinking that since it is no longer new and it wouldn't be so awful if I ruined it, I should just go ahead and machine wash it on gentle and hang it to dry.

Catherine

babybell
01-21-2012, 12:27 PM
I love that so many are with me on this look!