PDA

View Full Version : If you have Hunter welly socks

elektra
01-20-2012, 12:48 AM
Do they dig in to the back of your heels when you have the boots on?

I don't know if it's because I should have sized up in the boots or what but the socks are really uncomfortable. I expected my feet to be all cozy but instead there are a bunch of seams and they dig into my heels.
Are there particular colors that may be newer or older that have a different design where there isn't the seam behind the heel?
I hope Zappos takes socks returns. :/

arivecchi
01-20-2012, 08:43 AM
Mine do not dig. I sized up because the smaller size was really uncomfortable with welly socks. I always wear my welly socks over other socks - tights or cotton socks.

elektra
01-20-2012, 02:10 PM
Thanks. I did not size up in the boots originally, as I really did not think I would ever need the welly socks, and the 9's fit just fine without them. But since I am traveling in a few weeks to the midwest, I thought I might just use my Hunters as snow/slush boots, and get the welly socks to go with them. But they are just really uncomfortable.
I think I might just wear two pairs of wool socks or something instead, as I really don't think I will need the liners on a regular basis. If they would have been super comfy I would have kept them though.
We are expecting rain this weekend! These boots have truly changed my outlook on rainy days. :)

alexsmommy
01-20-2012, 02:48 PM
We are expecting rain this weekend! These boots have truly changed my outlook on rainy days. :)

Me too - my Hunter's and my Anthro rain coat keep me from dreading the rain as I look put together AND dry!

mjmamma
01-20-2012, 03:43 PM
My Hunters are 1/2 size smaller (7, I'm a 7.5) and I have the medium Hunter socks and have no seam issues.

elektra
01-20-2012, 03:55 PM
My Hunters are 1/2 size smaller (7, I'm a 7.5) and I have the medium Hunter socks and have no seam issues.

Hmm, maybe I could try a M in the socks, even though I am a 9....

eno0609
01-20-2012, 04:19 PM
I had them and returned them because of the same issue with the seams that you have. What I love about Hunters are the lack of seams that chafe like other rain boots I've had, so I didn't want a sock that had so many seams. I just wear wool hiking socks when I need them to be warm.