PDA

View Full Version : Headache cures?

BeccaB.
01-20-2012, 08:25 PM
Have had a headache all day long. This keeps happening and the only cure seems to be sleep. Does anyone have any other headache cures for pregnancy?

LMPC
01-20-2012, 09:45 PM
A frozen pack of peas works for some of my headaches...no, I'm not kidding. Worth a try!

Liziz
01-21-2012, 01:49 PM
: ( sorry to hear that. I thankfully haven't had too many pregnancy headaches, but for the ones I did get, the only thing that ever worked was Tylenol. I don't like taking drugs, and have worked really hard to avoid them even more when pregnant...but for me, it was the only thing that worked. Luckily I only needed a half-dosage to do the job, usually.

baboki
01-22-2012, 06:44 PM
A frozen pack of peas works for some of my headaches...no, I'm not kidding. Worth a try!

I second this. My doctor suggested ice, and it does seem to work. Tylenol does nothing.

urquie
01-22-2012, 06:49 PM
Make sure you are drinking lots of water!

edurnemk
01-22-2012, 06:51 PM
My headaches usually start when my blood sugar is low, my OB said this is the most common cause of headaches during PG. So I usually try to eat something (even if I don't feel hungry), drink a lot of water and rest, and that usually does the trick.

I've also try applying pressure on the sides of my forehead. When my sinuses were giving me trouble though, nothing would work and sometimes when it got bad I'd just give in and take Tylenol.

TwoBees
01-23-2012, 12:50 PM
Just curious, have you had your blood pressure checked? Frequent headaches are a symptom of preeclampsia.

Ah, nevermind, I just saw that you are 14 weeks. More likely to be dehydration. Didn't mean to be alarmist!

BabbyO
01-23-2012, 01:53 PM
Make sure you are drinking lots of water!

:yeahthat:

You don't happen to be on Zofran for MS, do you? I didn't realize initially that headaches are a side affect of Zofran. I either puked my brains out or had a screaming headache all day for the first 4 mo with DS2.

I hope water, rest, and ice help you! GL!