PDA

View Full Version : Update Post 18: PPT Needed...my travel nightmare continues

misshollygolightly
01-21-2012, 09:36 AM
UPDATE: See post #18. Made it home!

Y'all, I am about to come unglued. It is POURING rain here at the Atlanta airport, thundering, lightening...the works. I know this is going to wreak havoc on all the flight schedules, and I'm terrified that my flight out this afternoon (supposed to be leaving at 4:40) will be either cancelled or postponed. I have another connection to make in Detroit before I can get home...and back to my kids. I'm so glad I have a decent breastpump...that helps...but I also really need to get home. On top of the inconvenience of being stranded in a cheesy hotel without clothes, deodorant, etc., I'm supposed to be hosting a major conference that starts this Thursday. I have a ton to do to prepare and I need to get home! Please send good weather vibes this way!!!! (And also good milk supply vibes...I can tell it's already dipped a good bit)

DietCokeLover
01-21-2012, 09:41 AM
Hope you get home soon!

crl
01-21-2012, 09:58 AM
Oh no! I hope you get home soon!

Catherine

SkyrMommy
01-21-2012, 10:12 AM
:hug: Much, much good weather and safe travel mojo your way!! hop you're home soon.

wellyes
01-21-2012, 10:47 AM
Hope you get home to hug your kiddos very very soon!

pinkmomagain
01-21-2012, 10:51 AM
Hope you get home safely and quickly!

JTsMom
01-21-2012, 11:04 AM
Oh no! I just saw your other post- I could have brought you a pump! I'm not far from the airport- about 30 mins. Is there anything I can do to help?

misshollygolightly
01-21-2012, 11:10 AM
Thanks so much everyone...I hear planes taking off and landing, and the storm seems to be subsiding some, so keep up all the amazing BBB mojo! Thanks also for the personal offers of help. If I do wind up here for another night and get into a real bind, it's good to know there are kind mamas nearby willing to help :-) I love you guys :heartbeat:

JTsMom
01-21-2012, 11:12 AM
Well that's a good sign! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

MommyofAmaya
01-21-2012, 11:30 AM
Hoping your flight leaves on time, safely, and with you on it!

carolinamama
01-21-2012, 11:42 AM
Sending vibes to you for good travel weather and good milk supply.

larig
01-21-2012, 01:35 PM
PTs for good travel weather!

twowhat?
01-21-2012, 01:50 PM
So sorry:( I know how you feel - I've been stranded at the airport with snow, frantically watching the stand-by list to get on a plane before the snow shut down the airport...you just want to get home to see your kids. It's hard. Crossing my fingers that you get on a plane in time.

cmo
01-21-2012, 01:55 PM
I think you are going to make it out OK. :-) I am in the area, and DH works for an airline. I looked up some flight info that is accessible to employees, and all flights to Detroit today are departing. Some in the past several hours have been delayed, by about an hour, but nothing has been cancelled. Your later flight time actually might help you, since most of the bad weather will be cleared out by then. Hang in there!

ETA: It looks like your flight is departing from the farthest terminal from security, so give yourself plenty of time! The good news is that if you are going to grab a bite to eat before leaving, terminal E has better food than the other terminals. And, Saturday afternoon is a fairly low-crowd time of day.

MamaMolly
01-21-2012, 01:58 PM
Fingers crossed!

mikala
01-21-2012, 03:46 PM
Sending good travel thoughts your way!! There's no place like home.

JTsMom
01-22-2012, 06:59 PM
Did you make it? Right after I posted, our tornado sirens started up!

misshollygolightly
01-22-2012, 10:07 PM
Thanks so much for your PPT and helpful advice, everyone! I finally made it home late, late last night (Saturday night, and some 30 hours after I was originally scheduled to arrive). Miraculously, my suitcase made it home as well! I've been drinking tons of Mother's Milk tea and nursing as much as possible to try to re-establish my supply, but I can definitely tell that production is waaay down. I'm really hoping I can get it back on track, so I'm eating all the oatmeal and fenugreek I can stand. Fortunately, I think I've somehow managed to get through all this without plugged ducts or mastitis, so that's a blessing. Anyway, I really appreciate your encouragement and support...y'all rock :hug: