PDA

View Full Version : Should I wake her up?

flashy09
01-21-2012, 05:53 PM
From 3 am to 7 am my baby didn't sleep great...I had a lot of milk at the 3am feeding and she spat up quite a bit and then doesn't like laying in a puddle so I end up moving her all around the co sleeper to dry areas (looking into a Rock n Play instead). She doesn't cry, but babbles and whimpers, etc. Now she has slept from 1030 -3p and then back to sleep at 4 pm and still asleep. Is this going to mix up her day and nights? Or at this age (6 weeks) do you just let them sleep?

infomama
01-21-2012, 06:02 PM
I wouldn't wake her. Does she have a temp? What did she do from 3-4 when she was up?
ETA- I misread..she ate at 3AM and not since? I would wake her, too.

daisymommy
01-21-2012, 06:07 PM
I personally would wake her, for fear that she would stay awake all night. That's 5 hours of sleep, enough for now, in my opinion. Plus, time for her to be fed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Green_Tea
01-21-2012, 06:13 PM
I personally would wake her, for fear that she would stay awake all night.

:yeahthat:

I am sure she's fine, but I wouldn't want to stay up with her all night! I'd wake her up!

wellyes
01-21-2012, 06:14 PM
Kind of a 'darned if you do, darned if you don't' situation. I personally would let her sleep. Babies self-regulate well. Either way it'll be ok.

6 weeks is, IMO, the toughest stretch of newbornhood. Hang in there.

SkyrMommy
01-21-2012, 06:14 PM
I would wake her, feed her and just have some quiet time if she still seems sleepy. She probably isn't ready to have a day/night sleep schedule yet... soon though!

MommyAllison
01-21-2012, 06:44 PM
I let them sleep. I figure that if they want to take a long nap, that's a habit I don't mind. ;) Mine haven't ever had trouble mixing up days/nights though, so YMMV! She'll probably want to nurse more often tonight, but hopefully will go right back to sleep afterwards.

flashy09
01-21-2012, 06:55 PM
I probably wasn't clear..she ate at 3 am and then didn't sleep too well and we got up at 7am and ate again, ate maybe twice more and then slept from 10 am - 3pm, got up and ate and then fell back asleep.

She just got up on her own. I didn't have the heart to wake her. Plus I got to pack for our trip tomorrow! She has barely napped lately in the day and I will say she is super cheerful and happy - just hope she falls asleep tonight!

nfowife
01-21-2012, 07:00 PM
I think at 6 weeks they are still on a 24 hour schedule with about an hour max wake time between naps. Hopefully she will start having longer naps at night but I would not wake IMO.

AngB
01-21-2012, 07:02 PM
I would not wake either!

Also, we LOVED LOVED LOVED the Rock N Play.

carolinamama
01-21-2012, 08:28 PM
I probably wasn't clear..she ate at 3 am and then didn't sleep too well and we got up at 7am and ate again, ate maybe twice more and then slept from 10 am - 3pm, got up and ate and then fell back asleep.

She just got up on her own. I didn't have the heart to wake her. Plus I got to pack for our trip tomorrow! She has barely napped lately in the day and I will say she is super cheerful and happy - just hope she falls asleep tonight!

Sounds like it all worked out well for you. FWIW, I don't wake my babies. I don't do any sleep training for atleast 6 months and let them do whatever they will do for the first 4 months. I still BF DD pretty much on demand at 6 months too and it has all worked out okay. Hang in there - sleeping will get better.

AngelaS
01-21-2012, 10:17 PM
I would've woken her. Until they were about three months old, I never let them go more than 3 or 3.5 hours between feedings. They all fell nicely into a routine that way and slept thru the night by four or five months. I did that with all three of mine with the same results.