PDA

View Full Version : Help with middle names!

Liziz
01-22-2012, 11:21 AM
Ok, there's been a couple "name" threads recently that have come up with some good ideas...so help please!

DD is due next month, and we have two first names we really like -- Natalie, or Abigail (with a nickname of Abbie). However, we can't come up with good middle names for either of these two! Any suggestions? We don't like using the two together. Our last name is a single syllable, if that helps.

wellyes
01-22-2012, 11:45 AM
Your maiden name or another family name?

I like Abbie Miranda or Natalie Tatum.

crl
01-22-2012, 11:52 AM
I like Abigail Grace

Catherine

Cam&Clay
01-22-2012, 11:54 AM
I like Elizabeth for either one.

AnnieW625
01-22-2012, 12:21 PM
The two Abigails we know have middle names of Michelle, and Ottilie. If you don't mind the nick name of AJ either Joy, Jean/e/ne, of Jane would be nice. For Natalie again I think something classic like Jane or Jean would be nice. Ann/e might work too. I also think Renae or Renee might work with Natalie.

Abigail was DH's favorite name when I was pregnant with DD2 but since we already knew two Abigails (aged 2, and 1) we never thought of middle names, but I also think that Grace sound nice as a middle name; and might also work with Natalie.

JustMe
01-22-2012, 12:27 PM
Rose is what comes immediately to mind for me.

carolinamama
01-22-2012, 12:29 PM
Do you have any family names that have special meaning? DS1 and DD have family names. For some strange reason that I still don't know :) we didn't use a family name for DS2 and I really wish we had even if it meant not "liking" the name quite as much.

I like Elizabeth, Catherine, and Grace with either name.

goldenpig
01-22-2012, 12:34 PM
Pretty first name choices! With a three syllable first name and one syllable last name, I prefer a two-syllable middle name for the best flow. So how about something like Natalie Celeste or Abigail Charlotte? Although I also like 3+3, like Natalie Josephine or Abigail Josephine.

scrooks
01-22-2012, 12:45 PM
Rose is what comes immediately to mind for me.

I love this!
I also like Grace for a middle name as well.

I think with multisylable first names I generally prefer simpler middle names but obviously that is a personal preference.

Nu_mama
01-22-2012, 01:54 PM
Elaine immediately popped into my mind. I think it works for either. :)

amom526
01-22-2012, 02:10 PM
I love love the name abigail
some of these could work-

Bree
Liz
Reese
Maya
I also love Grace
I like chloe for Abigail

JoyNChrist
01-22-2012, 02:28 PM
Our DD came VERY close to being named Abigail Kate (as in, that was the name on the baby shower invitations and cake...and then I changed it in the NICU, lol).

I also like Natalie Rose or Natalie Renee.

ETA - All our kids have family names for middle names (DS1's is DH's grandfather's name, DS2's is DH's name, and DD's is MIL&SIL's middle name). It's a tradition that I really like.

Maggie'sMom
01-22-2012, 03:06 PM
I love the name Natalie--if I ever convince DH to have another child this will definitely be at the top of my list for a girl. We have always liked the name Paige for a middle name, but chose to use my Grandmother's middle name, Elizabeth for DD.

sweet_pea
01-22-2012, 03:13 PM
I think May would work nicely as a middle name for both names.