PDA

View Full Version : Birthday party theme issues.......

newg
01-22-2012, 03:19 PM
DD1's birthday is next month and we're having it at a place called The Little Gym (very similar to Gymboree). They'll spend 50-60min in the gym having fun and then eat pizza and cake and then DD1 will open presents......

Well last week DD1 announced she wants it to be a princess party! Hard to pull off at a gym!!!

They use to provide a goodie bag for a small fee ($2 per child I think), but starting in 2012 they no longer do that. So I thought that might be one way to get some "princess" in....
I was thinking I could have these at each spot at the pizza table for the kids to wear, and then take home as their party favor:
http://www.craftsuppliesforless.com/images/crowns.jpg
It's a boy/girl party, so it would be princess/prince crowns......
The Little Gym also said I could drop off some decorations for them to hang up.........and I provide the cake, so I could make that princess too.

Of course I could tell DD1 it's not possible for her "friend" party at the Little Gym, hand out jump ropes as the party favor....and just make her family party on her real birthday a full blown princess party.....

Thoughts??

kristenk
01-22-2012, 04:19 PM
Just have the invitations, cake, paper goods, and goodie bags be prince/princess theme and don't worry about anything else! You can always ask the Little Gym people to refer to the kids as Prince or Princess if they remember!

Part of the beauty about having a bday party at a place like Little Gym is that it simplifies the whole process. :)

SnuggleBuggles
01-22-2012, 04:54 PM
Just have the invitations, cake, paper goods, and goodie bags be prince/princess theme and don't worry about anything else! You can always ask the Little Gym people to refer to the kids as Prince or Princess if they remember!

Part of the beauty about having a bday party at a place like Little Gym is that it simplifies the whole process. :)

:yeahthat: we did a monster themed gymnastics party by doing what pp said. If it were home I could have done a great job with theme but I did what I could. People liked it.

newg
01-22-2012, 09:07 PM

I was excited about having the party not at home for that very reason!!......till they mentioned no goody bags and then DD asking for a princess party....
But at least I don't have to worry about cleanup :0)

squimp
01-22-2012, 10:22 PM
We did a little gym party at age 7, and I think you could have a theme. I found that kids liked having a little break from all the running and jumping, so we had a small craft. Make sure it's simple because they will only want to sit still for a minute or two. But a few kids were overwhelmed by the noise and crowd so they liked sitting with me and doing the craft. I also decorated with balloons and had enough for all the kids to take one home. We didn't do favors, but a book exchange instead. But you can do goodie bags and/or a crown for each kid as a favor. Also a cute princess tee or leotard for your DD would be adorable. It would totally work.

mum-to-be
01-23-2012, 12:01 AM
I agree - just have all the invitations, tablecovers, plates, cake and favors be princess theme. If you want to you could also let guests know to feel free to come in their favorite princess/prince dress. I wouldn't do a craft. After attending a Little Gym party last year, I don't think there would be time. And as long as there are a few princess things around, I think you should be fine. I would either make a princess cake or a castle cake.

newg
01-23-2012, 10:27 AM
Thanks ladies!!
You have given me confidence that I can pull off a little gym princess party!

maydaymommy
01-23-2012, 11:35 AM
FYI, we've been to many TLG parties, and had one, and the staff has always been able to incorporate a theme.

They have themed music available at ours and call the games/activities different things based on what the bday child wants.

Ask about it!! Our Little Gym is wonderful at incorporating themes!!!