PDA

View Full Version : Really strange rash...what could this be?

Mommy_Again
01-22-2012, 08:45 PM
DD is 11 months, and woke up yesterday a little congested. Eyes were red and watering, and she had a very low fever on and off (99.5 max). Didn't really think much of it. A few hours ago, I noticed a very bizarre rash on her chest - it is just to the right of her left armpit, almost right below her neck.

It's a small cluster of 3-4 pustules - you can see that one of them has popped. The skin around the entire cluster is red, but faint. The cluster itself is maybe 1-2cm, and the red skin is another 1-2 cm. I've consutled Dr. Google and haven't seen anything remotely similar described. Any ideas?

Indianamom2
01-22-2012, 08:47 PM
Chicken pox?
I found this website with a whole list of rashes with pustules...maybe something will ring a bell:

http://www.rightdiagnosis.com/sym/pustular_rash.htm

hillview
01-22-2012, 09:19 PM
One DS often got a rash with fever.

WolfpackMom
01-22-2012, 09:42 PM
Chicken pox? Low fever and pustules makes me think that...

Mommy_Again
01-22-2012, 10:04 PM
wow, chicken pox is looking possible, although all the photos I see are a single postule in each "bump" - this is a cluster of very small postules all together.

Now, can I send her older, immunized siblings to school tomorrow? If they've been vaccinated, there's no way they're contagious, right?

catsnkid
01-22-2012, 10:13 PM
wow, chicken pox is looking possible, although all the photos I see are a single postule in each "bump" - this is a cluster of very small postules all together.

Now, can I send her older, immunized siblings to school tomorrow? If they've been vaccinated, there's no way they're contagious, right?

I would send the older kids and bring her in to the doctor just to figure out what this is.

Mommy_Again
01-23-2012, 12:54 PM
Our ped thinks it's just a bug bite - phew! Fever and congestion are courtesy of a few new teeth. So glad we don't have chicken pox!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk