PDA

View Full Version : cramping/discomfort in lower belly?‏

lmh2402
01-22-2012, 09:28 PM
i've had discomfort since yesterday that i was hoping would go away/get better, but as of tonight i'm starting to feel nervous.

i can't place a finger on exactly how to describe the feeling...it's sort of crampy, uncomfortable, achy in a sort of straight line across my lower belly...about two inches above my public bone.

it started yesterday morning. and got more uncomfortable as the day went on. i was thinking maybe i wasn't drinking enough water and yesterday was really hectic and stressful. but today i drank a TON of water, and i've still had the same feeling pretty much all day,

anyway, based on my extremely vague description...any ideas what might the causes of this be? anything to be concerned about?

i'm definitely not as active this time in pregnancy - i was in pretty good shape last time, and these days i feel like i'm lucky if i have time to walk on the treadmill 20 min per week. so maybe it's muscular and i just need to get in better shape?

i have to call my doctor in the morning anyway to resched my appt - i was supposed to see her on sat morning but couldn't make it there b/c of the snow. i had planned to try and resched for this coming friday, but if i'm still feeling this way tomorrow, i think i'm going to be too nervous to wait until friday to see her.

Indianamom2
01-22-2012, 09:37 PM
Well, it could be totally normal, just muscles stretching and moving. I know lots of women who had cramping through their whole pregnancies and were just fine....it's just the way their bodies react.

But, if you're anything like me, you'll feel better if you can get checked out. :hug:

Hope you feel better soon and it's just baby making room in there!

BDKmom
01-22-2012, 09:46 PM
I've had that feeling before as things are starting to shift around and as everything starts to get bigger. Probably earlier than you would expect this time around, since it's #2. I wouldn't worry to much if it's not too severe and you aren't bleeding. But I would say check with your dr to make sure they agree.

Hope it gets better soon!

wellyes
01-22-2012, 10:08 PM
It's probably nothing, truly. I'm sorry you're having this stress.

buddyleebaby
01-22-2012, 10:16 PM
Before I saw your siggy....my first thought was "pregnancy". Your uterus is stretching and growing...cramps are not abnormal.

:hug:

lmh2402
01-22-2012, 11:20 PM
thanks, ladies

it's throwing me b/c i really never remember having this with DS

and the feeling is persistent - it's just a constant, gnawing discomfort that i can "feel"/touch by sticking my fingers in and rubbing.

going to bed now and praying that it's gone in the morning.

daisymommy
01-23-2012, 08:22 AM
I can tell you that each pregnancy I have had, the stomach muscle pain comes earlier and is worse. I think muscles get less supportive each time, and skin thins out.

I used to be in major pain at 8 months, now I'm already there at 5 months.

Hoping that's all it is for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amldaley
01-23-2012, 08:47 AM
As others have said, each pg is different and that feeling could be totally normal.

I had similar issues and my OB told me to stay off dairy - she thought it was mild lactose intolerance. I can't remember exactly how she explained it but something about progesterone increasing lactose sensitivity, even for some women who are not lactose intolerant when not pg.