PDA

View Full Version : Recommend your medical lock box.....

AnnieW625
01-23-2012, 02:37 PM
I need to get one of these ASAP. I have needed one for about the last 3 yrs. as that is how DD1 has been able to open up child proof caps. She has never ate more than 3 or 4 childrens vitamins at a time, but recently she chugged some of DD2's Amoxicilin. Thank goodness it was just that because she has had it many times in her life, but we read her the riot act. It could have been much worse and now with DD2 I feel like I need to get one ASAP.

I am thinking of one that is a train case size as we will keep under our bathroom sink and we only have one sink so we have limited storage space.

justlearning
01-23-2012, 03:45 PM
I bought a combination lock cash box at Staples for $20 a few years ago. That's where one of DS's epi pens is kept at school. The combination is set to 911 so it's easy for his teacher to remember in an emergency.

mousemom
01-23-2012, 04:20 PM
I don't have one yet, but I know One Step Ahead has some. But it looks like they use a "squeeze and turn" lock mechanism, which might not work if your DD can already open childproof caps:

http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=536439&cmSource=Search

Pepper
01-23-2012, 07:24 PM
I don't have one yet, but I know One Step Ahead has some. But it looks like they use a "squeeze and turn" lock mechanism, which might not work if your DD can already open childproof caps:

http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=536439&cmSource=Search

We have several of those scattered around the house. The smaller ones work quite well, the larger one has a tendency for the lid to snap off (because it's bigger and heavier) so you have to be careful when opening it. It is the squeeze and turn mechanism, which my 5 year old can get open if he tries hard enough. (DK if he can do childproof caps, we've never given him the opportunity!)

One Step Ahead also has something designed for household chemicals, that's bigger and might work better for you. I forget what the lock looks like...but your best bet might be like the PP mentioned, and get a tackle box with a lock on it.

HTH