PDA

View Full Version : have your Amazon shopping habits changed?

AnnieW625
01-23-2012, 03:05 PM
Since the changes to Amazon Mom have taken place?

It's been a couple of weeks since the changes. I have noticed that my Amazon bill is not nearly what it was a year ago when I was buying liquid formula, diapers, wipes, and other baby items. I am slowly getting used to the idea that it will take 5 to 7 days if I get something with free super saver shipping, but I have also noticed that it has improved my impulse buying habits (and honestly they weren't that bad in the first place because I hate paying return shipping fees).

DH's Amazon Mom expires on March 12, 2012 so I have another 6 weeks to spend $25 in the baby section.

I voted I shop there less now, but I also have an 18 months old, and we cloth diaper on the weekends and at home so I need less diapers so it not a huge loss to me except for the free 2 day shipping.

Mommy_Mea
01-23-2012, 03:12 PM
I have only bought diapers for DS1 from Amazon, and he just potty trained, so we are done with that size for a while. I have managed to get cheap diapers for DS2 through other routes... We stocked up on wipes a few months ago when Amazon had a good deal. So right now the Amazon Mom change hasn't impacted me. A year ago I was still cashing in those crazy coupons and getting nearly free diapers and wipes, so yeah, I guess it has changed from that :)

For other stuff, I decided to pay for prime, so we still order like crazy that way!

wellyes
01-23-2012, 03:20 PM
I buy a ton of stuff through Amazon. Their prices are excellent for so many household and kitchen items.

citymama
01-23-2012, 04:02 PM
I voted I shop there as I did before, but that might change a little with the reduced S&S benefits. DH's Prime expires in June I think. Things might change once our Prime expires!

vonfirmath
01-23-2012, 04:05 PM
I never had amazon mom (Already had prime and didn't see the big deal in it otherwise) so the changes have not affected me -- and most of the time it was up and running I was not buying diapers. I tried to get in in late October/November when I realized they gave bigger discounts to AM members than otherwise, but it was closed by then. So I buy my diapers and wipes at Costco (Not the cheapest but I don't have as much time to run around right now)

SnuggleBuggles
01-23-2012, 04:13 PM
Never did subscribe and save type stuff. Didn't buy diapers there or anything either. I use my Amazon same as always.

Melaine
01-23-2012, 04:17 PM
Well, I have been buying less in general at Amazon because I haven't been impressed with the deals over the last 9 months or so. But it doesn't have much to do with Amazon mom since I never did diapers or anything through AM.

egoldber
01-23-2012, 04:17 PM
We've been regular Amazon shoppers and Prime members for a decade. Amazon Mom came after my kids were pretty much out of diapers, so I never did the AM thing.

BabbyO
01-23-2012, 04:39 PM
I voted that I never shopped there which is only partially true. I tried once but found that I really didn't save anything because I found most items cheaper elsewhere. It did come in handy when I needed DH's birthday present shipped quickly.

I guess I should say my shopping won't change. I never really did find AM to be helpful, but we do purchase certain items through Amazon.

kozachka
01-23-2012, 04:50 PM
Never did subscribe and save type stuff. Didn't buy diapers there or anything either. I use my Amazon same as always.

That's me, too. If anything, I am spending more with Amazon because DS got a bunch of GCs and I bought them out. Plus I like MyHabit.com with free two-way shipping.

lucybabymamma
01-23-2012, 05:17 PM
Loved AM and used it for both DDs for diapers and wipes. Still have one in diapers, but after this month buying elsewhere because of change. Besides being annoyed at the change, finding things to be more expensive overall.

mommyp
01-23-2012, 05:22 PM
I voted wipes, since I shop more there now. I just got AM in Sept before DS was born and we never bought much baby stuff there when DD was little. I just used it for books, Kindle, and some toys. Those amounts have stayed the same, but now I also get more baby stuff there, include the S&S diapers.

WatchingThemGrow
01-23-2012, 05:22 PM
I'm still using them, joined Prime because dragging the 5yo, 4yo, and 2yo to an actual store is not something I enjoy. We ordered Goodnites, diapers, and wipes in the past month. We're ready to order a birthday present as soon as we need to because, again, taking them to an actual store burns me out. I should try to do more grocery stuff on there, and maybe I will when we move and have more storage space. Oh, I did order my face cream when I ran out the other day. 2day shipping just works for me.

AngB
01-23-2012, 05:33 PM
I still have free Amazon Prime/Mom from last year, but when it expires, I will be buying a lot less (probably almost nothing) on Amazon. Right now I use it for random little things I could easily get at the store while I'm there, but because this is easy and tax free and shipping free, I just get it from Amazon as I think of it. When the free shipping ends, I'll just have to remember to get whatever it is while we're at the store. (Like most recently, all of DS's pacifiers are looking kinda nasty, so I ordered some from Amazon. Would have been just as easy to grab at Walmart while we were there yesterday, and in fact, I wish I had just done that instead of having to wait until Tuesday to get them.-I ordered them Friday. The price was the same.)

sidmand
01-23-2012, 05:39 PM
I buy a ton of stuff through Amazon. Their prices are excellent for so many household and kitchen items.
:yeahthat:

It was cool with the diaper discounts but I shopped there plenty before and timing just worked that I was done with diapers anyway. I didn't have Prime before but Amazon Mom sucked me in to paying for Prime and everything I buy there is much cheaper than anywhere else and saves me a trip to the store.

Meatball Mommie
01-23-2012, 07:22 PM

:yeahthat:

I was looking through my account info for an item that I purchased quite a while ago and was quite surprised at my purchase "statistics". In 2009, I had 11 purchases, 9 of which were diapers. In 2011, I had over 100 purchases and NONE of them were diapers ;) I :heartbeat: Amazon! It's like a drug...

BayGirl2
01-23-2012, 08:26 PM
Had paid Prime, switched to Amazon Mom, now have paid Prime again. My shopping hasn't changed much except that I've added a few items to S&S and I never used S&S before last year. I CD but buy a few diaper-related things like cream and wipes there, the rest is other stuff. Most of my prime use is for non-kid related stuff, or kid-related gear for myself like strollers, diaper bags, gifts, etc.

hellokitty
01-23-2012, 08:40 PM
Our amazon mom subscription ended last October and yes, I definitely spend a lot less than I used to at amazon.

essnce629
01-23-2012, 08:43 PM
We ended up paying for Prime once our Amazon Mom ended in October. Totally worth it and I still order several things a week from Amazon!

ang79
01-23-2012, 09:08 PM
Well, I only used to order books from Amazon (because it is way cheaper than the local bookstores - yes I probably helped put Borders out of business but I shop by price!). Then I read about the Amazon mom program on here last year and wow my spending on Amazon increased! I had never thought about all the things I could buy on Amazon! I was getting cereal for DH and the kids on the S&S program and will probably continue with that, though there haven't been as many good cereal deals lately :( I was getting dipes and wipes through the Amazon mom program as well, and lots of other random things because of the free prime shipping (I had earned a whole year). We even bought a dehumidifier from Amazon when our basement flooded because all local stores were sold out due to the hurricanes! My prime shipping ended right after Christmas though, so I don't anticipate spending as much now. If I have enough in my cart to get the free super saver shipping I may still order things, but I won't pay for shipping which means that I'll probably miss out on lots of random deals (probably better for my wallet anyways!). I did stock up on 4 boxes of wipes before they dropped my discount though!

Out of curiosity, what other things do you ladies order from Amazon that you get such good prices on? Just wondering if it would be better to get things like tissues, toilet paper, paper towels, etc. on the subscribe and save program? Right now I normally buy that stuff at Target (the Target brand). I have a Redcard and get the additional 5% off, and I usually try to stock up on these items when I get my extra 5% off shopping day from the prescriptions rewards. Would Amazon be a better deal for any of these things or for other staples?

veronica
01-23-2012, 09:09 PM
I've been buying less in general . no good k-cup deals there in over a year, with coffee prices going up and such. I had an entire wall of stocked up dipes from last years sales and that just ran out. I'm using bru santa dipes right now and did squeak in a few boxes of swaddlers last week in size 3. after that, not sure but amazon will not pay off for me on dipes.

I haven't gotten a good shoe deal there in so very long. I used to get primigis, see kai run, pediped, geox for uber cheap but haven't seen anything like that in over a year either!

I'll still get dryer sheets, stain treaters, tide stain release packs and such but I tend to get those things either once or twice a year.

ladysoapmaker
01-23-2012, 09:10 PM
I never signed up for Amazon Mom. I use to have Amazon Student but since I'm no longer a student I don't worry about it. DH signed up. The free 2(or 3) day shipping is nice but I general get 3 day shipping when I was using the free 10 shipping anyway.

I prefer to buy most of my books from local shops. And I still use the Wish lists and tend to buy my DVDs from them when they are on sale but with me being unemployed I haven't bought anything since November.

Jen