PDA

View Full Version : clarisonic mia or mia 2?

drako
01-23-2012, 04:20 PM
I missed the boat on some of the sales a few months ago :-( I want to purchase one. Since I am not really getting a deal on one which one should I get? Are the two speeds on the mia 2 worth it or just save the money and buy the regular mia?

TIA!

peanut520
03-08-2012, 12:36 PM
I am doing a complete overhaul of my face routine. Which one do you guys have? what do you like/dislike about it? is it worth the $ compared to something like the Olay Advanced Cleansing system?

What is your favorite cleanser to use with it?

thanks!

Mopey
03-08-2012, 12:39 PM
I am also wondering if it's worth the expense or if something like the Olay system will work just as well?

MMMommy
03-08-2012, 12:43 PM
Another poster posted about drugstore.com's 20% off beauty products. 12% through Ebates and 20% off.

http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=427653

I ordered the Clarisonic Plus at 20% off, free shipping and through Ebates 12% back. They have the Mia in different colors as well.

jren
03-08-2012, 09:14 PM
I have the Mia and love it. It has one speed, and I don't really know what I'd use another speed for. It really helps keep my face clear. I don't use it every day, though. Probably every other day. The brush head doesn't spin, like the Olay version. I would think the spinning would be harder on my skin (trying to prevent wrinkles).

Zukini
03-08-2012, 09:42 PM
I've owned the MIA 2 now for about 3 weeks and my skin has really settled down nicely. Saw results after the first 2 uses! The past year I've struggled with really difficult flare-ups and was starting to get some almost cystic like congestion that would stay for weeks. It did bring some spots to the surface but I figured they had simply been "percolating" so just had to let those cycle through. My pores on my cheeks and nose are noticeably smaller and my skin just looks clearer, spots are fading, almost like a gentler approach to Retin-A.

I use it most nights as part of my regular routine and will try to skip a night at least once a week to just give my face "a break". It does dry your skin as it exposes the new layer underneath so its a must to moisturize well afterwards and then use whatever acne or aging treatment you would typically layer on top. My husband uses it too and I insist he follow with moisturizer too. His skin looks better than ever too - really fresh.

Cannot comment on the regular MIA as I've never tried it - but I will say I've used the default speed setting on the MIA2 and not tried the other setting so don't know how much of a diff the 2nd speed makes. Havent tried the Olay system either. I do like the 20-20-10-10 second timer on the MIA2. Helps me not to stay in one area too long and overdo it.

The MIA2 kit also gives you a sample of their own cleaner. Havent tried it. I use the Dermalogica Medibac line and use that cleanser with the MIA2.

Hope this is helpful! I did a ton of online research and quizzed associates at Sephora and Beauty Brands before I purchased it. So just glad to share :)

ps. Beauty Brands (unlike Ulta, which I no longer love as much!) will allow you to use one of their 10% members coupons on this purchase, which helped some.

peanut520
03-09-2012, 04:17 PM
I have the Mia and love it. It has one speed, and I don't really know what I'd use another speed for. It really helps keep my face clear. I don't use it every day, though. Probably every other day. The brush head doesn't spin, like the Olay version. I would think the spinning would be harder on my skin (trying to prevent wrinkles).

is it like the soniccare tooth brush and vibrates? definitely want to keep the wrinkles away!

peanut520
03-09-2012, 04:19 PM
I've owned the MIA 2 now for about 3 weeks and my skin has really settled down nicely. Saw results after the first 2 uses! The past year I've struggled with really difficult flare-ups and was starting to get some almost cystic like congestion that would stay for weeks. It did bring some spots to the surface but I figured they had simply been "percolating" so just had to let those cycle through. My pores on my cheeks and nose are noticeably smaller and my skin just looks clearer, spots are fading, almost like a gentler approach to Retin-A.

I use it most nights as part of my regular routine and will try to skip a night at least once a week to just give my face "a break". It does dry your skin as it exposes the new layer underneath so its a must to moisturize well afterwards and then use whatever acne or aging treatment you would typically layer on top. My husband uses it too and I insist he follow with moisturizer too. His skin looks better than ever too - really fresh.

Cannot comment on the regular MIA as I've never tried it - but I will say I've used the default speed setting on the MIA2 and not tried the other setting so don't know how much of a diff the 2nd speed makes. Havent tried the Olay system either. I do like the 20-20-10-10 second timer on the MIA2. Helps me not to stay in one area too long and overdo it.

The MIA2 kit also gives you a sample of their own cleaner. Havent tried it. I use the Dermalogica Medibac line and use that cleanser with the MIA2.

Hope this is helpful! I did a ton of online research and quizzed associates at Sephora and Beauty Brands before I purchased it. So just glad to share :)

ps. Beauty Brands (unlike Ulta, which I no longer love as much!) will allow you to use one of their 10% members coupons on this purchase, which helped some.

thanks for all the info!