PDA

View Full Version : premium denim ?

bcafe
01-24-2012, 12:25 PM
Ok, so I had very little time at NR to try on 3 pairs of jeans. The Joes provocateur fit absolutely horrendous, but, the Paige canyon jeans fit super. They were a bit low rise for me though. I didn't have time to try on the hidden hills pair, nor do I live near a NR to go back and try them on. If the canyon pair fit well, can I chance it and buy the hidden hills online? I love that the petite length was a perfect 32". Also, the size 27's fit great, but since they stretch, should I go for a 26?

sunnyside
01-24-2012, 02:55 PM
I would check the rise length etc. I don't like buying jeans online usually, BUT if you can find a way to figure out your Paige size and what styles work for you, you can get them on ebay for cheap.

I like a reasonably higher low rise and the Laurel Canyons used to be ok, but post baby I hate them. My favorite now is the Skyline Straight leg. Hidden Hills has a higher rise than the Laurels.

AnnieW625
01-24-2012, 03:16 PM
I do not buy jeans online unless I have the free returns option and then even then I still don't do it often. For me it is easier to try them on in person. I can try on two pairs of the same brand jeans and they will fit differently.

pinkmomagain
01-24-2012, 05:43 PM
I've been super lucky with the two pairs that I've purchased online (Piperlime & Amazon). Then last week I went into NR and tried on several pairs of Paige HH in the same size (different washes) and was shocked that they all fit differently!

I have found that they stretch some. So the 29s fit very comfortably around the middle when I first put them on (but are a little looser than I'd like around the thigh) and they do stretch a bit as I wear them. Just bought 28 and they look nice and fitted without being too uncomfortable around the middle. I can really go either way....but the 28s probably look better. If you buy online, just buy from a seller with a hassle-free return policy.