PDA

View Full Version : Please recommend convertible for Grandma

BabbyO
01-24-2012, 01:32 PM
Looking for recommendations for a family member. She needs a RF convertible seat for Grandma's 2004 Toyota Sienna. The seat will be installed in a captains chair-type seat. (I know we had trouble with our EFTA's RF in these type seats)

Please give me your best recommendations for low ($100 ish and below) and mid-range price ($100-$200).

This is for fairly big (23 lb) almost 1 yo. (Not sure on height, but she seems bigger than my DS at that age and he was in the 50th percentile...so I'm guessing she's in the 75th or higher percentile).

TIA!

Joolsplus2
01-25-2012, 09:29 AM
What problems did you have with the EFTA's in a captain's chair, exactly? That's the one I was going to recommend, lol. If it's the rotating harness tightener thingie, then the Symphony might be a better choice, it has a normal front strap pull harness adjuster. Plus for a grandma, a seat that becomes a booster might be kind of nice for the long haul.

BabbyO
01-25-2012, 10:57 AM
What problems did you have with the EFTA's in a captain's chair, exactly? That's the one I was going to recommend, lol. If it's the rotating harness tightener thingie, then the Symphony might be a better choice, it has a normal front strap pull harness adjuster. Plus for a grandma, a seat that becomes a booster might be kind of nice for the long haul.

Yep, the red, rotating harness tightening knob gets pushed against the seat back RF and because the captain's chairs are curved, you can't push the release knob to loosen the harness. Otherwise, I love our EFTA's, esp for grandma (on my side...has a bench seat w/EFTA installed) because the kids aren't there a lot and the harness height can be adjusted SO easily. Plus, one seat works for all of her grandkids at this point (4 mo, 1 yo, & 2.5 yr), assuming she doesn't have them all at once :D