PDA

View Full Version : Poor DH - he's having separation anxiety

BabbyO
01-24-2012, 01:39 PM
Today is the first day at daycare (instead of our sitters) for our two boys. DH does drop off every morning.

He has called me 3-4 times already this morning to "discuss" things about the daycare. He said he wanted to go check on them at lunch...then told me he wanted to meet me there at pick up time.

I'm certain he didn't experience this sort of anxiety when we started with our sitter...it is funny, and sweet.

The boys and I are lucky to have such a caring, in-tune man in our lives!

momm
01-24-2012, 01:48 PM
Awww that is the cutest!!!

weech
01-24-2012, 01:57 PM
Love this!! :D

Giantbear
01-24-2012, 02:15 PM
I was "that dad" the first few weeks of daycare. I do drop off and then would call once in the morning, once in the afternoon and would grill them the next day at drop off. Tell him as he gets comfortable with the center, he will feel less anxious. (although, i did call today to see how dd transition from bottle to sippy cup went, we had a battle of wills this morning)

StantonHyde
01-24-2012, 02:18 PM
I think the best thing for any parent to do is to hang out in the room and watch what happens when the other parents drop off. Guaranteed--the child can be wailing at the top of their lungs as mom/dad leaves and then happy as a clam by the time the parent hits the front door of the center. I watched this a couple of times and then knew my dc would be just fine :love5: