PDA

View Full Version : Which show do you like better?

katydid1971
01-24-2012, 01:50 PM
DH and I disagree about which show is better, we both like both but differ on which is the best. I would love to hear your opinions :wink2:

AnnieW625
01-24-2012, 02:14 PM
I think both are funny but we don't watch them on a regular basis so I didn't vote. Stephen Colbert seems to make fun of the parts of the Republican party that we get annoyed with so it is fun to watch him get away with it. I am a middle of the road registered Democrat, and DH is a Republican with slightly Libertarian leanings but he thinks that there are members of the Tea Party who have fallen off their rockers (like my ils) and those are usually the ones Colbert makes fun of.

hellokitty
01-24-2012, 02:34 PM
I like both shows, but Steve Colbert is definitely more of an obnoxious kind of funny, lol. He really goes overboard, but yeah, it's entertaining. If I only had to choose one though, I'd pick John Stewart.

boolady
01-24-2012, 02:38 PM
Colbert hands down. Put me down for 2 votes, because DH and I agree on that.

ETA: We both like Jon Stewart, too, and watch the Daily Show, but prefer SC.

MelissaTC
01-24-2012, 02:39 PM
I am not a big Colbert fan. I love love love Jon Stewart. I don't watch regularly anymore. And ftr, I am definitely ultra liberal on social issues, more in the middle for others.

wellyes
01-24-2012, 02:40 PM
Steven Colbert is a little too high-concept for me.

I love that Jon Stewart brings on guests that aren't celebrities but are instead experts - and then proceeds to ask actual good questions.

I don't watch either show regularly.