PDA

View Full Version : Do I want to start watching Once Upon a Time?

fivi2
01-24-2012, 10:46 PM
That show on abc (or whatever?)

dh is out late a couple nights this week. I have been recording these, but only watched the first one. I was not immediately in love, but didn't hate it enough to cancel the recordings... Now I am bored with nothing to watch and debating this.

I am a Joss Whedon fan, a Dead Like Me/Wonderfalls/Pushing Daisies fan... I like Dr. who, Farscape, Supernatural (sometimes), Eureka, Haven, Psych, White Collar, Fringe, Nikita (sometimes), hmmm....

Any votes yea or nay?

EllasMum
01-24-2012, 10:55 PM
Don't judge the whole series by that first episode - it gets better! I watched it not really thinking I'd get into it, but I am hooked.

FWIW, I watch the same types of shows that you do, and I am totally into Once Upon A Time. It is quite cleverly done.

Cam&Clay
01-24-2012, 10:56 PM
I LOVE this show! The first episode was so-so, but it has gotten sooooo good! Definitely watch it!

Globetrotter
01-24-2012, 10:58 PM
I agree with PP. The first episode was okay, but now i love it!!

sntm
01-24-2012, 11:00 PM
I gave it five episodes and got bored. Ds likes it though.

BeccaB.
01-24-2012, 11:05 PM
DH and I both watch it. We are also (between the two of us) fans of just about every show you mentioned you watched. Definitely give it a try. It did get much better after the first episode. The acting is good too otherwise it would totally suck. It could be really cheese with the wrong actors.

Jo..
01-24-2012, 11:19 PM
I saw it for the first time last night and it is now on my DVR. I don't know where in the series I came in...Snow was thrown in prison and the 8th dwarf Stealthy was killed.

rlu
01-24-2012, 11:20 PM
We watch it but I think it's just ok. I just don't care about the Snow/Prince Charming storyline otherwise I think I'd like it better.

I prefer Grimm (although it makes me jump sometimes and I usually avoid jump-out-of-the-shadows type shows).

fivi2
01-24-2012, 11:30 PM
We watch it but I think it's just ok. I just don't care about the Snow/Prince Charming storyline otherwise I think I'd like it better.

I prefer Grimm (although it makes me jump sometimes and I usually avoid jump-out-of-the-shadows type shows).

I am getting annoyed with Grimm! I forgot to list it above. I like the idea, but it feels like they forgot to plan out their mythology in advance. I still haven't figured out what makes a Grimm so special (besides seeing the true form) or why all the bad guys run away from him. Sigh. I had such high hopes for it. And I hate the girl (yes, the one girl in it) .

Anyway thanks for the OUAT feedback, everyone. I will give it a try!

Twin Mom
01-25-2012, 12:25 AM
I also didn't love the first episode but now I am hooked too. I started watching when they did the marathon of episodes one Saturday a few weeks ago.

strollerqueen
01-25-2012, 02:32 AM
:thumbsup:Yes! Really well cast. Also written by a couple of writers of LOST, and they periodically throw in little Easter eggs to remind us of what we "lost". :p

hoodlims
01-25-2012, 08:29 PM
I like it a lot. I think the way they spin the fairy tales is clever. I tried watching Grimm but couldn't get into the Law and Order meets Hans Christian Anderson thing. I prefer either fantasy OR reality. The mixture was a little much for me.