PDA

View Full Version : CL question with pricing

lhafer
01-25-2012, 09:00 AM
I am selling an Ergo (camel color) on CL. It is a few years old, but in excellent condition - zero wear and tear. I also have the belt extender for it. I have the original box and instructional video that came with it (both in excellent condition). The Ergo retails for $115. They've gone up since I bought it - I think I got it for $90. I'm selling it with the box and DVD for $55.

This is the ad: http://houston.craigslist.org/bab/2805139086.html

What is the lowest you would accept for the Ergo? I just got an offer and I think it's too low ($35). But it's the first bite I've gotten on it. I've had great luck with CL in the past, but lately people are really lowballing, and thinking they can get garage sale prices for things.

Am I being too unreasonable with wanting $55 for it?

infomama
01-25-2012, 09:02 AM
I wouldn't take less than $55. I sold my ergo on CL a couple of years ago for $60 and although it was in perfect condition I didn't have the box or DVD. Just hold out...$35 is really low IMO.

momm
01-25-2012, 09:12 AM
I would wait. The offer is too low. These carriers, especially Ergos, have a very high resale price.

wellyes
01-25-2012, 09:14 AM
Heck, if you want to sell it for $35, sell it to me so I can resell it for more $$!

$55 is a very fair price. Give it a few days.
I would list the Ergo separately, with Ergo in the subject line. It's a very well known item.

mikala
01-25-2012, 09:15 AM
Watch and wait. I don't know your climate but you may have luck waiting until it warms.

In our area they sell for $70-80+ gently used.

Jo..
01-25-2012, 09:21 AM
I would re-list it for $75 and let someone haggle me down to $60. I wouldn't even dream of taking $35.

My rule of thumb for EUC gear is 60% of retail. That makes your Ergo alone worth $69+ belt extender.

ETA when you re-list it, give the Ergo its own ad. Not only do individual listings seem more "valuable" to buyers than several items listed together, but also it will aid someone who is looking for an Ergo and might be searching titles only to find yours.

wendibird22
01-25-2012, 09:22 AM
Wait. I sold my EUC ergo w/ box and DVD for $75 and I don't live in a popular babywearing area (lots and lots and lots of Bjorns around here).

lowrioh
01-25-2012, 10:56 AM
I think that you should def get $55 for it. I got $70 when I sold my Ergo with the infant insert and belt extender.

If you don't have luck, list it on BBB-Swap or Babywearers, or DiaperSwappers. Someone there will snap it up.

Penny's Pappa
01-25-2012, 11:00 AM
I would re-list it for $75 and let someone haggle me down to $60. I wouldn't even dream of taking $35.

My rule of thumb for EUC gear is 60% of retail. That makes your Ergo alone worth $69+ belt extender.

ETA when you re-list it, give the Ergo its own ad. Not only do individual listings seem more "valuable" to buyers than several items listed together, but also it will aid someone who is looking for an Ergo and might be searching titles only to find yours.

:yeahthat:

Or, if you're not willing to haggle, add that your asking price is firm and you won't accept any less and then ignore any offers below your asking price (because there's always going to be some dumbass who will try). Unless a listing is stated as firm, buyer's customarily assume the asking price is merely a starting point for negotiation.

AngB
01-25-2012, 11:15 AM
I agree with what everyone else said. Give it it's own posting. Take a picture of it if you can/want to mess with it. But I wouldn't take less than what you are already asking.

peanut520
01-25-2012, 11:42 AM
I agree with the pp's. i think you listed it for a fair price. list it on swaps and i'll buy it for a shower gift/gift closet ;)

Melaine
01-25-2012, 12:12 PM
I might take $50, but no way $35....I would probably just be patient and keep re-listing.