PDA

View Full Version : Laser Hair removal...down THERE??

dec756
01-25-2012, 12:20 PM
Has anyone had this done? there is a groupon for 6 treatments for one large area or two small areas. I am (TMI) super hairy and I have really wanted this down for sometime. for $175 (6 treatmnets) is this a good deal? what was your experience and what did you pay, if you don't mind.

Twoboos
01-25-2012, 12:29 PM
That's a great deal!!! I'm doing it now. I'm not gonna lie, it hurts. BUT if you put ice packs on the area first, it doesn't hurt at all. Nothing, I was shocked.

My place provides cold packs for after, but after talking to the derm she had me put them on before, and it was great. I have had 2 treatments and can see a difference already. I am doing them about 4-6 weeks apart so should be set for bathing suit season!

AnnieW625
01-25-2012, 12:38 PM
That sounds like a good deal. I so want to get it done. I can't wax because I get razor bumps from that too so I just shave; I would love a cleaner looking result though.

dec756
01-25-2012, 12:46 PM
i forgot to say i want to do the brazilian bikini...why not since its the same price as bikini line. i really really am sick of hair.

Jo..
01-25-2012, 12:49 PM
I used to get waxed every few weeks in Brooklyn. The person doing the job would take me to the back room, have me undress, and then start yelling and swearing in Korean (I think). A few seconds later, two or three other waxers appeared to help. I THINK she was yelling "This Damn Hairy American Woman is like BIGFOOT!!! She has pubes to her knees"! But I will never be sure.

I use Magic Shave now but it is a messy PITA. I have dreams of laser hair removal, with butterflies and rainbows.

DO IT!

almostmom
01-25-2012, 12:55 PM
It's definitely a good deal, and will surely make a difference, but it won't all be gone forever with 6 treatments. I've done pretty close to a brazilian down there (but left enough so dd can see that women have some hair down there), and I always use emla cream before. It numbs the area and makes it totally tolerable.

I say go for it - you'll be so happy. As will (I assume) your DH. But definitely either ice or get a cream - it really hurts otherwise!

sntm
01-25-2012, 12:59 PM
I did laser treatments, modified Brazilian. That is a good price, but as a warning, depending on what laser they use, you are more likely to get regrowth, though it will be considerably less. I did 6 treatments (moderate amount, dark hair, fair skin) and had a lot of regrowth and am now 3 treatments in with a better laser and still have light to moderate regrowth (had to interrupt due to pregnancy and decided to "go native" as Alec Baldwin put it in the interim).

I can never remember which laser is which, but SO is a sales rep and has sold lasers so I can ask him if you find out which one it is. That's a pretty good deal regardless, and will at least give you a headstart.

almostmom
01-25-2012, 01:15 PM
I also wanted to add that if you are not done having kids, you can expect regrowth after pregnancies. I was looking clean along my bikini lines, and then had some regrowth after the kids. Now I'm back on it, but it did take additional visits.

baboki
01-25-2012, 01:38 PM
I had this done years ago. That is an excellent price. You will probably eventually need a few more sessions, but this will be a great start.

DrSally
01-25-2012, 01:42 PM
I would love to have it done, and maybe would at thia price. I should prob focus on my unkempt eyebrows first though

Tondi G
01-25-2012, 03:25 PM
sounds like a pretty good price... I would jump on it! Even if you have some regrowth it will at least be lighter than it is now! I want laser hair removal on my bikini, my arm pits and my lip!

curiousgeorge
01-25-2012, 04:20 PM
I had five sessions done "down there" about four years ago. It has lasted really well. And I had a lot to work with, if you know what I mean!

It hurts. No way around that. The office where I had it done sold numbing cream and that helped a lot.

I'd do it again in a heartbeat though.

It beats the heck out of shaving and waxing. It wasn't cheap, probably about $700. But, I was paying about $85 with tip every few weeks to a month for a was so in the long run it made sense.

I will say that I did it in a doctor's office and would really only feel comfortable doing it somewhere reputable. I've read/heard too many stories about sketchy places hurting people or leaving permanent scars to feel comfortable doing it at some sort of med-spa type place that I didn't get a good feeling from.

VClute
01-25-2012, 04:55 PM
I used to get waxed every few weeks in Brooklyn. The person doing the job would take me to the back room, have me undress, and then start yelling and swearing in Korean (I think). A few seconds later, two or three other waxers appeared to help. I THINK she was yelling "This Damn Hairy American Woman is like BIGFOOT!!! She has pubes to her knees"! But I will never be sure.

I use Magic Shave now but it is a messy PITA. I have dreams of laser hair removal, with butterflies and rainbows.

DO IT!

Oh, my god, Jo! You owe me a new laptop! You're hilarious!

*myfoursons
01-25-2012, 05:14 PM
I had five sessions done "down there" about four years ago. It has lasted really well. And I had a lot to work with, if you know what I mean!

It hurts. No way around that. The office where I had it done sold numbing cream and that helped a lot.

It beats the heck out of shaving and waxing. It wasn't cheap, probably about $700. But, I was paying about $85 with tip every few weeks to a month for a was so in the long run it made sense.

I will say that I did it in a doctor's office and would really only feel comfortable doing it somewhere reputable. I've read/heard too many stories about sketchy places hurting people or leaving permanent scars to feel comfortable doing it at some sort of med-spa type place that I didn't get a good feeling from.

I keep seeing the med-spa places on groupon and am dying to get lasered, but I think I'm going to pony up money for the doctor's office. I am way too afraid of sketchy spa places and getting burned THERE.

Twoboos
01-25-2012, 05:26 PM

I asked at my dr's office about the numbing cream and she recommended just an ice pack instead! She said you have to put the cream on a hr before (since I was in the ofc already, too late for that) and icing just works better.

I felt NOTHING with the ice packs, and I was ready to leap out of the chair screaming, "STOP!" at the previous treatment.

And I would totally do it again in a heartbeat. The only place I think it's more worthwhile is upper lip/chin. After waxing every 2 weeks for decades, I am delighted to have such light hair there!!

luckytwenty
01-25-2012, 08:56 PM
I had my first treatment at a laser place five weeks ago and the bikini area didn't hurt nearly as much as the armpits and back of the knees, including THE most sensitive area. A few weeks later I was gloriously hairless and loved it, but now it's growing back and I guess that is why they scheduled me to come back every six weeks on the dot for 8 sessions.

Numbing cream worked wonders.

Kitten007
01-26-2012, 03:02 AM

DO IT!

This is too funny!!!

I keep telling DH that one day the hair fairy will visit and pouf! All hair troubles will vanish!