PDA

View Full Version : How to have nice feet?

Katigre
01-25-2012, 04:22 PM
I really need to do something about my feet. They're dry, with caluses and cracks in my heels. My toenails are nice and i paint them in summer. But what do people do to have soft/smooth feet?

mikala
01-25-2012, 05:31 PM
I've found that it helps a lot to soak them occassionally in warm water and Epsom salts and then rub the rough spots gently with a pumice stone. Rub on some thick lotion, cover with socks to sleep and they will look better in the morning. The callouses will gradually go away over time. You can also do the same thing in the shower.

It also helps to wear quality shoes with more stretch, padding and support. I used to love cheaper heels but many are murder on my feet.

Ceepa
01-25-2012, 05:33 PM
I keep a pumice in the shower and give my feet bottoms a quick scrub after they've been wet for a while. At night I sometimes slather with lotion and put on cotton socks for sleeping.

BabbyO
01-25-2012, 05:36 PM
I'm too low maintenance to spend time regularly on my feet...but I'm often in a similar situation. I've noticed my feet are nicest when DS has swimming lessons...aparently walking in sand does wonders!

Mopey
01-25-2012, 05:58 PM
I use this on all my rough spots (especially heels) after showers or baths:

http://www.amazon.com/Revlon-Pedi-Expert-Pack-of-2/dp/B001MIZBZI

It works really well to reduce callouses and never hurts (I kind of think it looks like it might hurt). And Eucerin hand cream actually has great sloughing action so I put that on while I give my feet a nice little massage (proven to help benefit your sleep) and then cover with socks.

DrSally
01-25-2012, 06:52 PM
I keep a pumice in the shower and give my feet bottoms a quick scrub after they've been wet for a while. At night I sometimes slather with lotion and put on cotton socks for sleeping.

:yeahthat: It doesn't do the whole trick, but keeps my feet from getting too gnarly.

TwinFoxes
01-25-2012, 10:30 PM
Aquaphor and socks at bedtime. Works like a charm.

inmypjs
01-25-2012, 11:22 PM
I have tried lots of things on my feet. The process I have found to work best is to soak them in a tub of some sort for 5 to 10 minutes. Then, while your foot is still under water, scrub your rough spots with a pumice stone or foot scrubber. I use one with a handle and they have them at Target, drug stores,etc. I have no idea why, but scrubbing under water works much better for me. If you have thick calluses you may have to do it a few times. Then follow up with lotion. I don't do this much in the winter but I usually start doing it in the spring to get ready for sandals.

mom2binsd
01-26-2012, 02:08 AM
http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/studio-35-beauty-perfect-grip-callus-remover/ID=prod3946215-product

I love this, the handle gives you a great grip and I'm able to scrub pretty hard, I think the Revlon one would be tricky to hold in my hands.

It's got two sides the rough side which looks like a cheese grater and the pumice side.

mjs64
01-26-2012, 04:27 AM
I get awful cracks on the balls and heels of my feet and pumice stones, soaks, and cream just don't cut it. It's genetic, I think--my mom gets them, too. But I love the Ped-egg. Nothing else has worked for me. You use it on dry skin, not wet, and it's extremely effective. Got mine at BB&B but I think you can find it online too. I will try to remember to add a link later. On phone now.

Meatball Mommie
01-26-2012, 09:08 AM
I keep one of these in the shower:

http://www.amazon.com/Mr-Pumice-Extra-Coarse-Pumi-Bar/dp/B0002KU6GG/ref=sr_1_3?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1327583112&sr=1-3

I actually got it at Sally's Beauty Supply, but it's about the same price on Amazon. I put a little soap on it and scrub the bottoms of my feet. I like it better than a natural pumice stone actually. I do it year round.

I used to have a real problem with cracked heels, but doing this has really helped. Not a quick fix, but more of a maintenance thing.

When they were really bad a few years ago, I bought this cream:
http://www.amazon.com/No-Crack-Cream-Set-2-Jars/dp/B005S4QNEK/ref=sr_1_8?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1327583263&sr=1-8

It's very thick and works great. Again, I didn't buy on Amazon - oddly enough, it was from Restoration Hardware!

Momit
01-26-2012, 09:32 AM
Burt's Bees coconut foot cream! I use it all winter.

JBaxter
01-26-2012, 10:17 AM
I do a pumice stone in the shower but get a pedicure once a month. Its my splurge. I don't buy fancy coffee and rarely eat lunch out. LOVES my pedi's

m448
01-26-2012, 10:28 AM
I own a ped egg that I use every couple of months (you don't want to overdo any exfoliation tool) but I recently read a tip of soaking feet in a warm water/acv solution for smoothing feet without scraping manually. I also never cut cuticles in favor of softening and pushing them back. When you begin to cut cuticles they get raggedy and look worse than preserving the natural skin line. Of course a good moisturizer with some barrier protection like shew butter is important for after soaking.

karstmama
01-26-2012, 10:44 AM
anyone soak while the kiddo(s) are bathing?

legaleagle
01-26-2012, 11:24 AM
anyone soak while the kiddo(s) are bathing?

Yup! If I have to sit there anyway, might as well.