PDA

View Full Version : Preganacy brain getting to anyone?

BDKmom
01-26-2012, 11:45 AM
Pregnancy brain is killing me. I can't concentrate and it seems like I can't even form a coherent sentence most of the time. I hear it normally in my mind, but what come out of my mouth is a jumble of words that, if you're lucky, you might be able to rearrange into some sort of complete thought, but not likely. My memory it toast. I forget the simplest mundane tasks at work. And I can't concentrate to save my life, so even things I start end up unfinished, and I sit here surrounded by piles on my desk of things that I've started but can't focus long enough to wrap up.

Contributing factors would be lack of sleep and the distraction of the mile long list in my head of things I need to get done before the baby comes (translated in my mind to "right now"). Even those two things are entertwined, b/c I lay awake at night trying to figure out how to get it all done.

I'm sure there is not much any of you can recommend to make this better. Just needed to vent somewhere, and I know y'all can feel my pain.

KLD313
01-26-2012, 11:58 AM
I can't remember anything either and sound like a babbling idiot when trying to say something. I have thoughts in my head but then by the time I go to say them I forget. It's bad. I'm amazed that women are able to work while pregnant, I wouldn't be able to concentrate. LOL

mommylamb
01-26-2012, 12:03 PM
The other day, I came home from work and was watching TV with DS and realized everything looked a bit blurry, so I figured I had protein on my contacts and needed to give them a good scrub and soak them. So, I went upstairs to take them out and get my glasses, and realized I never put them in that morning. That means I went the entire day-- including driving to and from work-- with no lenses and didn't even realize that I was blind. I am near sighted, so I can see well enough for a computer without my glasses/contacts, but I can't see anything far away, so driving is a problem. Well, no harm done, I guess...

Dalilama
01-26-2012, 01:56 PM
I laughed when I read this since it sounds exactly like me...My pregnancy brain was bad during the first few weeks, not too bad second trimester, and simply AWFUL now at week 36. I walk into rooms not knowing why, or decide Im going to call someone or do something only to look away and immediately forget what I was thinking. (This is particularly bad since I live in a two story home).When I speak I sound more like Chewbaca than a normal person! I really hope it all goes awsy (this is my first) since I dont want to be brainless while taking care of LO.

BabyBearsMom
01-26-2012, 02:32 PM
In a word, YES!

This morning I went to my OB appointment. Then I got in my car and drove to work. I got to the parking garage and couldn't understand why my parking pass wouldn't scan. I looked up and realized that I had driven to my old job! I haven't worked there for over 2 years!! Not only that, but my old office is west of where I live and my new office is north of where I live, so I went in the complete wrong direction! So what should have been a 40 minutes drive in, turned into a 70 minute drive in because apparently my brain was feeling nostalgic. The parking attendant must have thought I was nuts.

mmommy
01-26-2012, 03:21 PM
I just gave up and took pictures of all of my students this week. I confessed that it is the only way I'll have a chance of learning their names before the semester ends.:bag
At least they all thought it was funny.

Mopey
01-26-2012, 04:25 PM
In a word, YES!

This morning I went to my OB appointment. Then I got in my car and drove to work. I got to the parking garage and couldn't understand why my parking pass wouldn't scan. I looked up and realized that I had driven to my old job! I haven't worked there for over 2 years!! Not only that, but my old office is west of where I live and my new office is north of where I live, so I went in the complete wrong direction! So what should have been a 40 minutes drive in, turned into a 70 minute drive in because apparently my brain was feeling nostalgic. The parking attendant must have thought I was nuts.

:rotflmao:

I have just been forgetting thoughts in the middle of a sentence and things I wanted to do.

The best was getting change for public transport out of the piggy bank for my MIL. I had just gotten some out for myself, had to ask hubby again how much it was, and then proceeded to only get out $1 for her so we all had to walk when the bus arrived and I realized I had incorrect change :D

pinay
01-26-2012, 07:21 PM
Today I misplaced my cell phone and put it in a completely random place I never put it in my office. I had my student TA's searching for it, they had our front desk person send out an all-staff email asking people to keep an eye out for it, and it turns out I just set it on a drawer in a locked cabinet that I hardly ever use... oops :) I hope it gets better, since I'm only 8 weeks into this pregnancy!

edurnemk
01-26-2012, 07:57 PM
Oh, yes! I was just talking about this to my BFF yesterday. I've always had an amazing memory with numbers (i.e. I remember all my phone numbers since 5 yo, even though we moved several times). Well now I can't remember a single phone number, I was dialing my mom's number the other day and midway I jsut froze... I couldn't remember what came next (she's had the same number for 10+ years and I call her everyday). It's awful Thankfully it hasn't happened at work so much, but as a precaution I'm writing EVERYTHING down and I keep post-its everywhere, :rotflmao: