PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else ever get "hysterical?"

sidmand
01-26-2012, 12:08 PM
I think this is literal. I just wondered if it ever happened to anyone else! When I'm very overtired (and I have to be overtired) I will find something that is slightly amusing very very funny and start laughing to the point of silent laughter and then usually start crying.

It is funny (not harmful or anything) and DH finds it amusing. I think he's the only one that's ever seen me do it, at least as an adult, because I do need to be WAY overtired.

I think my SIL may have the silent laughter thing too although I'm not sure it goes as far as crying (I think I've seen her do it although it's been years). Just curious...

boolady
01-26-2012, 12:12 PM
I think this is literal. I just wondered if it ever happened to anyone else! When I'm very overtired (and I have to be overtired) I will find something that is slightly amusing very very funny and start laughing to the point of silent laughter and then usually start crying.

It is funny (not harmful or anything) and DH finds it amusing. I think he's the only one that's ever seen me do it, at least as an adult, because I do need to be WAY overtired.

I think my SIL may have the silent laughter thing too although I'm not sure it goes as far as crying (I think I've seen her do it although it's been years). Just curious...

Yes. So did my paternal grandmother, and we laugh and laugh together until we both had tears running down our faces over essentially nothing. My grandfather would look at us both like we were completely gonzo.

Ceepa
01-26-2012, 12:21 PM
Yes. Sometimes when I'm really tired something on TV or something DH says makes me kind of giggle and then the more I think about it the funnier it gets until I'm laughing hysterically.

lfp2n
01-26-2012, 12:26 PM
Yes- when I'm down I look at Regretsy.com sometimes and become hysterical, especially the cat pages.

hellokitty
01-26-2012, 12:36 PM
You mean like, hysterical, losing it, or hysterical angry? I get hysterical angry and I hate it. My mom was like this when I was a kid and I now totally get where she was coming from, b/c sometimes my children just make me want to run away.

jenfromnj
01-26-2012, 12:40 PM
Yes! And it's usually really silly things that set it off. When it happens, I literally can barely breathe, I am laughing so hard. Glad to know I'm in good company with this ;).

Moneypenny
01-26-2012, 01:07 PM
Yes. We call it loopy at my house. My SIL gets loopy very easily so it's kind of a game at family functions to see who can set her off laughing. Then we all get laughing that same way. Of course, now a lot of the women are older and have bladder control issues so it's not quite as much fun as it used to be, lol!

maestramommy
01-26-2012, 01:59 PM
Oh, is that what it is? When my siblings and cousins get together we do this all the time! Something sets on of us off, then before you know we're all shaking, howling, and crying. My lil bro in particular makes other people want to laugh. Just looking and listening to him laugh sets you off.

elephantmeg
01-26-2012, 09:52 PM
me, worse when I was younger but still happens. Apparently DH finds it endearing????

buddyleebaby
01-26-2012, 10:00 PM
Pretty much anytime I am with my sister.

Corie
01-26-2012, 11:24 PM
Pretty much anytime I am with my sister.

:yeahthat:

MissyAg94
01-26-2012, 11:30 PM
My late sister and I could do this to each other. On the rare occasion that it happens to me now, I always think about how she looked when she was laughing-crying.

Cam&Clay
01-26-2012, 11:35 PM
Yes, and I have asthma so it never ends well. The giggling, then the laughing, then the silent laughing, then the gasping and coughing.

infomama
01-26-2012, 11:42 PM
Love when that happens. Makes me smile just thinking about it.

gobadgers
01-26-2012, 11:42 PM
Not as much recently, but this used to be me a lot! Especially with one high school friend - over the most mundane, boring topic we would just LOSE IT. To the point we couldn't even remember what we were talking about, just knew it was was hilarious. I didn't have to be overtired then!

Now, it only happens once in a while when I am overtired - I think the last time was watching The Big Bang Theory.

crayonblue
01-27-2012, 12:32 AM
Only when I drink alcohol. And then I get mad because DH laughs and laughs at me.