PDA

View Full Version : bjcm on cruise ship?

dec756
01-26-2012, 01:08 PM
need more traffic!

has anyone taken their baby jogger city mini on any cruise ship? we are sailing sunday and i am in a conundrum. thanks!

Tondi G
01-26-2012, 01:22 PM
I haven't taken one on a cruise ship but I guess it really depends on if you "Need" it on your trip. Where are you cruising to? Will you want to lug it around? If you are planning on spending a ton of time at the beach will be it useful? Trying to drag strollers through the sand is a PITA. If you are going to be taking "water taxi's" and getting on and off of small boats (sometimes into the surf) it will be a PITA with a BJCM. If you are going to be doing walking tours on rough walkways then it might not be so bad. One thing to keep in mind is that space is at a premium on Cruise ships. You will not have too much "storage" space in your cabin (unless you've booked a suite). Luggage will be stored in your room as well.... if you are putting your little one in a pack n play it is going to take up a LOT of your floor space. If you have a balcony I suppose you could park your stroller out there. Now if you think the stroller is the ONLY place your kiddo might nap on the go .... then bring it. Otherwise you might consider a compact umbrella stroller.

BabyBearsMom
01-26-2012, 01:43 PM
I think on the ship a BJCM would be fine. It depends on what you are doing off the ship though. I think the BJCM would work well for storage since it is flat and you could slip it under the bed (you might need to take the wheels off though). If we were going on a cruise, I would probably plan to bring our Volo instead of our BJCM. The thin umbrella fold and the lightweight/throw it over your shoulder would work really well for my experiences on cruies ships. But if I owned a BJCM and nothing else, I would take it rather than buy another new stroller.

dec756
01-26-2012, 11:20 PM
its a weeklong cruise AND we dont have plans to do an excursions, just kinda playing things by ear. we had a rough year last year and we are just trying to relax...etc.

cntrymoon2
01-27-2012, 04:30 PM
We bought a Maclaren specifically for our cruise last Jan, and I was so glad we did. The Mac barely squeezed through the cabin door- I don't think there's any way a BJCM would fit through. You'd have to empty out the stroller, the kid, the stuff hanging off the back, etc- pass it to someone else in the room while one of you is propping the door open, and then fold the BJCM outside in the hall to bring it in your cabin. PITA.

FWIW, this was on the Disney Dream, but my guess is door widths are pretty consistent on cruise ships.