PDA

View Full Version : Confession: I let DS stay home today as..

niccig
01-26-2012, 02:43 PM
I didn't want to get up and get him ready for school. He was sick on Tuesday, and he does have a bad cough/sneezing a lot, which woke him up last night. He could have gone, but my main deciding factor was - I don't want to get up and do the school morning :bag

I will pay for it later, as I won't get as much study done today...

ETA. I've made appt. to have my thyroid levels checked...I'm more tired than I should be for the sleep I'm getting, my synthroid amount might need to be increased.

gatorsmom
01-26-2012, 02:57 PM
I've done that before. Now that 2 of my kids are getting homework AND it's insane around here when they are home, I prefer to have them at school. :bag So does Greenbean. He is a much happier kid when the house is calm. So, I drag my butt out of bed to take them to school. Otherwise Greenbean is a stress-case and I have loads of school and homework to make up.

I know you are stressed and not getting much sleep right now. The stress can really wear on you, ask me how i know. :D I wouldn't be surprised to find out your energy level increases once your classes are done and you can get more sleep.

Didn't you say recently your doctor said you need to sleep more? Take care of yourself. :hug5:

ha98ed14
01-26-2012, 03:02 PM
HUGS! I know, some days it's a battle you don't feel like fighting. A mental health day is okay now and then.

SnuggleBuggles
01-26-2012, 03:15 PM
I've taken ds1 in late a handful of times b/c I wanted to sleep in. :)

niccig
01-26-2012, 03:16 PM
Didn't you say recently your doctor said you need to sleep more? Take care of yourself. :hug5:

He did...and this week was first week back to school and I've been getting 5-6 hours a night...it's not enough. I have to get more sleep. I have 3 early classes a week, and I'm not going to bed earlier to get up earlier.

I do think my thyroid levels are off...it's a different kind of tiredness, and I'm having trouble sleeping - insomnia is normally my sign of needing to increase TSH. I'll get an appt to see my endo, and I'll put myself to bed earlier as well.

niccig
01-26-2012, 03:17 PM
I've taken ds1 in late a handful of times b/c I wanted to sleep in. :)

Wait! I didn't think of this. Next time, I'll do this.