PDA

View Full Version : Infant Car Seat with easiest / safest safety belt seatbelt install?

amldaley
01-26-2012, 06:35 PM
Other than the Chicco Keyfit 30....which car seats are known to have the easiest, simplest and safest seatbelt only install?

echoesofspring
01-26-2012, 06:44 PM
We did a middle seat seatbelt install with the Safety 1st on board 35 Air. I think it only got an 'ok' rating for the ease of install from CR, but it really was not that complicated... I never see the seat mentioned anywhere, but we were really happy with it, just grad. out of it last week (DS is pretty long, he still fit, but didn't look all that comfortable)

amldaley
01-26-2012, 06:49 PM
We did a middle seat seatbelt install with the Safety 1st on board 35 Air. I think it only got an 'ok' rating for the ease of install from CR, but it really was not that complicated... I never see the seat mentioned anywhere, but we were really happy with it, just grad. out of it last week (DS is pretty long, he still fit, but didn't look all that comfortable)

Thanks! Had been wondering about that seat and as you said, there is not a ton of info!

rin
01-26-2012, 07:37 PM
I know you said "other than the Keyfit", but I just had to pipe up to say that we did a seatbelt install with our Keyfit in at least 5 or 6 different vehicles, and it couldn't have been easier. Every time I've had to install another seat (even the beloved Britaxes) I've felt disappointed at how much quirkier they are than the Keyfit.

o_mom
01-26-2012, 08:31 PM
The Snugride 35 has a built-in lockoff on the base that makes it super simple to install with a seatbelt.

teo
01-26-2012, 10:05 PM
We have the Cybex Aton and bought it pretty much for the easy seatbelt install (since we belong to a carshare). Love it, especially because it has the instructions on a sticker on the side---super easy.

amldaley
01-26-2012, 10:36 PM
We have the Cybex Aton and bought it pretty much for the easy seatbelt install (since we belong to a carshare). Love it, especially because it has the instructions on a sticker on the side---super easy.

This was the seat I totally wanted and could not afford but BRU has one color in and their trade-in event starts tomorrow!

teo
01-27-2012, 12:40 AM
Get it!! We really, really love it (and we get compliments on the design all the time).