PDA

View Full Version : NOW WHAT? Pains, aches...is this pre-labor or something?

amldaley
01-26-2012, 07:25 PM
I never labored with DD1. I MAY have had a BH contraction, I am not sure.

But good gracious...I have been having BH with DD2 for a couple of months now.

Yesterday, during an NST, I was SUPER uncomfortable and the nurse told me I was having a contraction.

My leg swelling has gotten so bad they are measuring my legs to keep track of it.

I have a pinched nerve between L4 and L5 so deal with back pain anyway.

I became more and more uncomfortable last night and today I am having uncomfortable times when I can't move. When walking, I basically double over. My lower is back is freaking kill me. I am getting pains in my pubic arch - it feels like I am splitting like a wishbone. And periodically, I have been getting a sharp shooting pain from pelvis all the way up my belly.

WHAT IS THIS? I have Googled to see what pre-labor pains are normal and I can not stand to read one more thing that says it feels like a really bad period. So I am turning to the people I trust the most - the BBB!

I have a Doctors appointment tomorrow and the pain is tolerable. Not great, at all, and all I can do is sit in bed this evening. But not "go to labor and delivery" bad at all.

Thoughts?

swissair81
01-26-2012, 08:12 PM
This is not going to help you. I never had false alarms with my oldest, but I had such bad BH contractions that I had multiple false alarms with the subsequent 3, even though you'd think I would know better. If you think it's labor, then go in. If not, stay home and wait until you think it is labor. One thing I can tell you is that labor is much different than BH contractions (usually). It hurts more and gets progressively worse. If you think you're having contractions, measure them for an hour.

amldaley
01-26-2012, 08:22 PM
This is not going to help you. I never had false alarms with my oldest, but I had such bad BH contractions that I had multiple false alarms with the subsequent 3, even though you'd think I would know better. If you think it's labor, then go in. If not, stay home and wait until you think it is labor. One thing I can tell you is that labor is much different than BH contractions (usually). It hurts more and gets progressively worse. If you think you're having contractions, measure them for an hour.

Yeah - this is TOTALLY different than BH. But I have been tracking it all day and it comes and goes over the course of a couple of hours, it is not steady on or in a pattern. (Pressure in lower back and lower pelvis is constant though). I just don't feel like it is hospital time and I am normally SUPER paranoid b/c I am not supposed to to labor at all. Mandatory c-section. So, the fact that I am not panicked makes me believe it is ok.

Maybe I will try some Tylenol and tons of water and try to get to bed early and see if that helps!

edurnemk
01-26-2012, 08:25 PM
Does your entire tummy turn rock-hard when you get this pains? How long does it last? How often are you getting those pains?

With labor contractions the entire abdomen turns hard, but with BH only part of it does (IME and all my mommy friends agree with this). HTH.

MSWR0319
01-26-2012, 08:28 PM
Does the pain radiate in a wave like pattern? My contractions started in my back and worked their way around my stomach. The nurse told me real contractions radiate in a wavelike pattern.

amldaley
01-26-2012, 08:28 PM
Does your entire tummy turn rock-hard when you get this pains? How long does it last? How often are you getting those pains?

With labor contractions the entire abdomen turns hard, but with BH only part of it does. HTH.

I have had a couple of instances yesterday and today where whole tummy is hard but not routinely or repeatedly in a pattern. This is more pelvic/cervical/pubic/lower back pain and sharp shooting pains up the tummy without hardening.

I REALLY don't think I am in labor - just probably my body getting ready for labor b/c it does not know about the "mandatory c-section" plan! Just wondering if once this discomfort starts, does it continue until birth, get worse, etc and if there is anything I can do to make it better!

WatchingThemGrow
01-26-2012, 09:43 PM
I have no advice, but I'll send some P&PT your way, friend! Hope you get more comfortable soon!

mommylamb
01-26-2012, 10:16 PM
Ugh, that sounds awful. I hope they can figure out what's going on!

Liziz
01-26-2012, 10:55 PM
No advice here, just wanted to say sorry you're feeling so uncomfortable and I hope it either goes away soon or they figure out what's going on tomorrow!

Uno-Mom
01-26-2012, 11:17 PM
Sprog was facing the wrong way so my entire labor was in my back. That is what it felt like, honestly. I never felt a single normal contraction.

If I ever have another child, I will be very firm with them about facing the traditional direction. I do NOT want to have that kind of labor ever, ever again.

amldaley
01-26-2012, 11:19 PM
Sprog was facing the wrong way so my entire labor was in my back. That is what it felt like, honestly. I never felt a single normal contraction.

If I ever have another child, I will be very firm with them about facing the traditional direction. I do NOT want to have that kind of labor ever, ever again.

lol...yes - I keep telling DD2 that she needs to be nice to mommy in there and ease up on me a little, but I am worried she will be even more fiesty than DD1 because she is already not listening to me!

Uno-Mom
01-27-2012, 02:20 AM
lol...yes - I keep telling DD2 that she needs to be nice to mommy in there and ease up on me a little, but I am worried she will be even more fiesty than DD1 because she is already not listening to me!
Well, if it's any comfort, Sprog was an obnoxious little turkey en utero (backwards...kicked my rib out of place....etc) and then morphed into a very chill, cooperative little person post-birth.

I hope you're feeling better!

BDKmom
01-27-2012, 05:17 PM
How are you and baby doing today?

amldaley
01-27-2012, 05:35 PM
Feeling less pain today but still there. Dr says it is b/ c I am built so small and baby is already measuring 39+ weeks. Concerns are that she'll be early due to size. She has dropped pretty low already. And...this next part is a TMI but the drop pushed the lost part of my belly really low. I noticed it in the mirror today....looks pretty gross actually....my belly is hanging over my pubic bone : (. That must have been the pain I was feeling the last couple of days. Otherwise, we both checked out just fine! Thanks everyone!

edurnemk
01-27-2012, 06:27 PM
Glad to know you're feeling better. Hang int here! When's your due date?

amldaley
01-27-2012, 07:07 PM
Glad to know you're feeling better. Hang int here! When's your due date?

Feb 25th. C-section is scheduled for Feb 21. And the consensus is that she will likely come early. So, given that I am 35 weeks, 6 days, and she is measuring 39+ weeks would explain why I am feeling this way!!!!!!!!!!!!

Melaine
01-28-2012, 04:03 PM
Glad everything is well. Hope the next few weeks go quick for your sake!

BDKmom
01-28-2012, 04:37 PM
Feeling less pain today but still there. Dr says it is b/ c I am built so small and baby is already measuring 39+ weeks. Concerns are that she'll be early due to size. She has dropped pretty low already. And...this next part is a TMI but the drop pushed the lost part of my belly really low. I noticed it in the mirror today....looks pretty gross actually....my belly is hanging over my pubic bone : (. That must have been the pain I was feeling the last couple of days. Otherwise, we both checked out just fine! Thanks everyone!

Glad you are not in as much pain. Hope both of you can hang in there!

daisymommy
01-28-2012, 07:03 PM
Feb 25th. C-section is scheduled for Feb 21. And the consensus is that she will likely come early. So, given that I am 35 weeks, 6 days, and she is measuring 39+ weeks would explain why I am feeling this way!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy cow! I'm sorry, that has got to be uncomfortable. Lets cross our fingers that their measurements are off and she stays put for several more weeks. Hope you feel better soon!