PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone get this Boden tunic?

citymama
01-26-2012, 08:08 PM
It's adorable and it's marked down to $34 from $118. I don't get why it is still in stock in many sizes, except that it gets poor/mixed reviews in terms of the fit. Before I hit the buy button - any feedback on how this fits or looks? Also, anyone have a free ship code they can share? Thanks!

http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Clearance/Womens-Petite-collection/WA327-GRP/Womens-Grape-Stencil-Rose-Canterbury-Tunic.html

lmintzer
01-26-2012, 08:28 PM
I don't have it, but it caught my eye because of the beautiful color and pattern. I was concerned enough from reading the reviews that I didn't buy it. I have no idea what size I'd try (I'm typically a 6, 6P, but I wondered if that would be tight in some places).

Minnifer
01-26-2012, 09:01 PM
WA79 still works for FS/FR - HTH!

ourbabygirl
01-26-2012, 09:48 PM
It looks cute but also a little 'maternity' to me (I kind of steer clear of empire waist things lately as I don't want anyone to think I'm expecting!). :shrug:

I do like it for someone else, though (I'd say the grape color is my favorite of the choices), so if you're not too deterred by the reviews (or if you feel the negative ones aren't applicable in your situation), then go for it! :)

jgenie
01-26-2012, 09:51 PM
I tried them in both 4P and 6P neither worked for me. If I remember correctly they were both snug around my torso and I'm in no way large chested.

babybell
01-26-2012, 10:15 PM
Looks maternity to me.

TwinFoxes
01-26-2012, 10:30 PM
I eyed this since the beginning of the season, but the reviews aren't good. The main complaint seems to be tight in the bodice. I have a smaller waist proportionally though. I need to check sizes when I get home and not on their mobile site (which sucks). Love the purple!!

clb
01-26-2012, 10:56 PM
I ordered this tunic in my normal size 6. On me, the whole chest area was huge. I am a 34c. I didn't bother trying the 4.

citymama
01-27-2012, 04:05 PM
I ordered this tunic in my normal size 6. On me, the whole chest area was huge. I am a 34c. I didn't bother trying the 4.

OK, so I'm guessing that a 32A (B while nursing, but I'm in the shrinking phase now ;)) should not even be looking at this. I was going to get the purple in 2 and hope and pray that the chest ran small! Darn it, I love the purple. I get the maternity comment but if it's fitted, that wouldn't be a problem. Sounds like it isn't - oh well.

clb
01-29-2012, 04:41 PM
I wonder if the fabrics were cut differently? Most complaints are about the band being too tight.
I tried the coal rose.