PDA

View Full Version : Birthday with girlfriends....

ourbabygirl
01-26-2012, 10:49 PM
My bday is coming up, and I'd like to get together with a bunch of friends... wondering if people are more likely to come if it's in the afternoon or evening. We're in our 30's and most of us have at least one child at home (babies & pre-school age)...

Other than lunch or dinner out, can you think of a fun activity to do together? The only thing I can think of is to get manicures or pedicures together, but I don't usually do that sort of thing (would rather save the money & do it myself at home ;)), and I don't know that it would allow us to sit and chat/ bond (or at least more than 2 or 3 of us in chairs next to one another).

If you've done a girls' day/ night out sort of thing for a birthday or other occasion, what have you done, or what would you like to do? And would you be more likely to attend in the afternoon or evening?
ETA This will be on a Saturday :-).

Thanks for your help!

Seitvonzu
01-26-2012, 10:56 PM
do you have a place in your area that serves afternoon tea? i'm pretty biased to choose that over other sorts of things (i LOVE all things afternoon tea!!!), but it's a great chance to "hang out" because they tend to serve you in a very leisurely way. and then, everyone is home to spend the evening with the kiddos :)

i suggested this activity to my playgroup mommies and we had tons of fun. we tried a tea place in a different county, but actually i live about a half mile from a lovely, cozy place that serves a great tea. i have friends about 45 minutes in opposite directions and they love to meet at my house and go there for a couple hours. it's our place :)

wellyes
01-26-2012, 10:57 PM
Go bowling!

ourbabygirl
01-26-2012, 11:09 PM
Ooooh, those are both fun ideas! :thumbsup:
Any more? Keep 'em coming!