PDA

View Full Version : Implantation bleeding?

JoyNChrist
01-26-2012, 10:54 PM
I cannot BELIEVE I'm even asking this...

Anybody have experience with implantation bleeding? Can you describe it?

I just finished my period about two weeks ago. DH and I had sex one time since then (9 days ago). We use condoms (I have an appointment to get an IUD in two weeks). As far as I know there was no issue with the condom (wasn't expired, didn't break).

Yesterday I noticed some pretty heavy cramping/pulling on my right side (kind of felt like the pain I sometimes get when I ovulate). This was accompanied by some bleeding. Not heavy, and not bright red...kind of brownish (tmi, sorry). Today I've had a little spotting, and a little more cramping, but it's slacked off and seems to be stopping.

Surely not, right? When can I test, just to be sure?

I feel a little silly even asking, because I'm like 99% sure that's not what's happening here. But I can't get rid of that nagging worry.

A pregnancy would be absolutely devastating right now. DH and I are working through issues, we're finally getting into a good rhythm with the twins, and I'm applying to dental school this year. I cannot cannot cannot be pregnant.

Any experience? Mojo? Reassurance? I will of course keep this updated.

mommylamb
01-26-2012, 10:57 PM
Well, I think everyone tends to have different experiences with how their body feels with different things, but in my experience, implantation bleeding was just a tiny spot when I wiped, and I didn't feel any pain associated with it. That was with DS1. I never noticed anything with this pregnancy.

Here's hoping that you're not PG.

wellyes
01-26-2012, 11:00 PM
Ack.
Implantation bleeding for me was like a very short period.

How long have you been getting your pd? My cycle is wonky for 6months+ after weaning. Sometimes regular, sometimes not.

You're probably fine. Condoms are very effective, especially when used by two grown people who really don't want it to fail.

Liziz
01-26-2012, 11:03 PM
Implantation bleeding for me was just a little bit when I wiped, and it was pinkish-reddish, not brown. I did have about a day of period-like cramps (which feel different for me than ovulation pain).

Hopefully everything turns out fine!

sariana
01-26-2012, 11:04 PM
I experienced implantation bleeding only with my first pregnancy. It happened a few days before my period was due (though I wa totally irregular at the time, so "due" was kind of meaningless). I thought my period was starting, but it never was more than a streak or so.

With my 2nd pregnancy, I had nothing.

If your period was 2 weeks ago, that seems too early for implantation bleeding.

I'll bet something just got torn or otherwise injured.

ETA: Sorry, I just noticed you said your period ENDED 2 weeks ago. How long has it been since it STARTED?

To answer your other question, you can use a test such as First Response a few days before your period is due.

niccig
01-27-2012, 12:19 AM
I've had this a couple of times and always freaked out. Then my period came like normal. Hopefully, this will be the same with you.

jerigirl
01-27-2012, 12:56 AM
Could you be ovulating? When I first came off bcp's trying for DS1, my cycle seemed really wonky and I eventually realized that I would spot during ovulation.

GeekGirl
01-27-2012, 11:56 AM
I had something similar to what you described and it turned out to be a uterine polyp. In my, I had off-cycle bleeding 5-7 days after my period ended with mild cramps and light bleeding of brownish blood. The bleeding lasted anywhere from 2-5 days. Got my diagnosis after 3 months of this pattern via a sonohystogram.

daisymommy
01-27-2012, 12:52 PM
I've never had implantation bleeding at all. What you are describing sounds like when I am going to get my period early. Crossing my fingers for you!

chottumommy
01-27-2012, 01:05 PM
I had implantation bleeding both my pregnancies but it was pinkish red, a small blot. I also had massive cramping and also was sick that day. I knew almost 100% both times that something was off and within days got a + pregnancy test. However this was almost close to my period date. I would think this is not implantation but ovulation since its only 2 weeks after your period.

scrooks
01-27-2012, 01:46 PM
I've never had implantation bleeding at all. What you are describing sounds like when I am going to get my period early. Crossing my fingers for you!

Ditto that!

gatorsmom
01-27-2012, 01:48 PM

:yeahthat: Same here. Saying prayers for you!

teedeedee
02-02-2012, 04:03 PM
Stacy, I just came here to search for implantation bleeding- for the exact same reason! My DS was born the same time as your twins and I'm juggling him (he's had continual health issues), DD, and school while still trying to have a life with DH! I'm already beyond exhausted- I cannot be pregnant!!!!!

Thinking great vibes for both of us!

Jacksmommy2b
02-02-2012, 04:53 PM
Never had implantation bleeding, but X fingers for you! :hug:

tabegle
02-03-2012, 12:14 PM
Is it too early for an update?

JoyNChrist
02-03-2012, 04:18 PM
No news yet. No AF either, but it's still not technically due. I'm gonna give it a few days then buy a test/have a nervous breakdown.