PDA

View Full Version : For fun: what's your Myers-Briggs type?

wendibird22
01-27-2012, 11:37 AM
Ok, if you've ever taken the Myers-Briggs, what's your type and do you find it an accurate description of your tendencies?

If you've never taken it, there's a free modified version here: http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

In the past I've been an INTJ, but I just took the one above and I came out an ISTJ, but the S was very very weak.

I think ISTJ is pretty accurate. Definitely the I, T, and J. I think before speaking and am quiet in social settings. I'm definitely not a "feeler" and I have to work to a deadline and get frustrated by "P" people who seem to wait to the last minute on stuff.

Gee, and I wonder why I don't have many girl friends...most women are Es and Fs. Women just don't "get" me!

twowhat?
01-27-2012, 11:49 AM
I just took the modified version that you linked to - I'm an ISTJ (weak on the T, strong on the S). I had a lot of trouble answering some of the questions, though!

ilfaith
01-27-2012, 11:51 AM
I took that test and came up ENFP.

For years, I would always come up as ENTP. I wonder whether becoming a mom has made me ore of a "feeler" than a "thinker". In any case, the "Feeling" was the weakest of my preferences (12%).

twowhat?
01-27-2012, 11:59 AM

For years, I would always come up as ENTP. I wonder whether becoming a mom has made me ore of a "feeler" than a "thinker". In any case, the "Feeling" was the weakest of my preferences (12%).

You know, it's interesting...we were required to take the Discover Your Strengths test for work. I have taken it twice - before having kids and then after (I had quit work for a while and when I started again they made me take the test again). Everything came out the same, except that Adaptability came up as one of my top 5 strengths. It wasn't ANYWHERE near my top 5 when I took it pre-kids! Fascinating:)

wolverine2
01-27-2012, 12:00 PM
I'm an INFJ, but getting ever closer to an INFP... I think it's because I married a P.

Would be curious what types married what others? I'm married to an ENFP.

jse107
01-27-2012, 12:05 PM
INFJ. I used to be INFP. DH is INTP
However, it fits me perfectly, as the descriptor of an INFJ is a counselor--which is what I am!

wendibird22
01-27-2012, 12:06 PM
Would be curious what types married what others? I'm married to an ENFP.
I'd have to guess at DHs. He refuses to take any of these type of tests because he doesn't want to be labeled and put into a box. He's definitely an E_ _ J. Not sure on the s/n t/f part.

Gee, a bunch of I's participating in an online forum with virtual friends...shocking!

SkyrMommy
01-27-2012, 12:06 PM
I'm an INTJ.

Very expressed introvert, slightly expressed intuitive personality moderately expressed judging and thinking personality.

Now I'm curious to see what DH is... I forwarded him the link.

wolverine2
01-27-2012, 12:07 PM
INTJ. I think that's from living with DH, who is INFJ. I used to be INFP.

However, it fits me perfectly, as the descriptor of an INFJ is a counselor--which is what I am!

See, I'm an INFJ and a counselor too!

wendibird22
01-27-2012, 12:09 PM

I wish being a mom upped my "feeling" score. I clearly have no feelings which is funny because I'm a very sensitive individual and can get easily emotional. Yet, I guess I just don't respond to others with empathy and feeling. Yup. I'm a b$tch!

megs4413
01-27-2012, 12:10 PM
I'm an ESTJ...I'm sometimes ISTJ...I've taken it like a million times. I'm a very slightly expressed E today, which is probably a reflection of how little I've been around people lately! LOL

Growing up I was definitely an ISTJ (and still am, though the I is just not that strong anymore) and my mom is an ENFP. It was horrible living with my complete opposite! She drives me nuts!

My DH is an ESTJ, though he's much stronger on the E and the T than I am.

ha98ed14
01-27-2012, 12:10 PM
I had this done by an certified administrator at my last (full time) job. I'm and ENTJ. I'm an extreme E,T, & J, but I am only a hair over the N/S line. So, not a very strong N.

DH is an INFP, and very extreme in all of them. Makes more for crazy fights when we do, but thankfully, it's pretty rare.

lizzywednesday
01-27-2012, 12:11 PM
INFJ here.

Very introverted for sure (I'm a lot more of an extrovert online than I am in person until I warm up to you) and low scores in the "intuitive" and "judging" categories (N and J, respectively) with a strong "feeling" component.

Depending on where I am in my life, the "N" and "F" spots switch influences.

Yes, it's fairly accurate.

egoldber
01-27-2012, 12:12 PM
INTJ

I'm always an INTJ. :rotflmao: Ever the analytical introvert, that's me. :)

crl
01-27-2012, 12:13 PM
ISTJ here

Catherine

crl
01-27-2012, 12:15 PM
Sorry, duplicate

boolady
01-27-2012, 12:30 PM
INTJ

:yeahthat: Me, too. And I'm always an INTJ, too.

I enjoyed reading the links to the various Keirsey temperament sorter factors related to the Meyers-Briggs analysis...apparently, because I'm really introverted and really judgy (who knew? I try so hard to agree to disagree), I'm a mastermind. Insert evil laugh here.

lil_acorn
01-27-2012, 12:36 PM
another ISTJ

this needs a poll for how many are this - seems to be a popular answer!
are we all "I"s and that's why we like to do things on the board rather than deal with "real" live people lol?

crayonblue
01-27-2012, 12:36 PM
ISFJ. Always, always an introvert but the others change somewhat.

Melaine
01-27-2012, 12:37 PM
ENFJ

I think this is interesting because I think of DH and I as such opposites but he is only INFJ. That one letter makes a big difference.

m448
01-27-2012, 12:42 PM
I'm an esFp. My e and s are weaker than my p. I'm married to an ISTJ which keeps things around here super interesting.

indigo99
01-27-2012, 12:48 PM
INFP or INFJ depending on the day/test. This thread could use a poll.

DietCokeLover
01-27-2012, 01:04 PM
See, I'm an INFJ and a counselor too!

Counselor here too, but I am an ESTJ

DH is ESFJ

wendibird22
01-27-2012, 01:15 PM
Sorry about not having a poll. I wanted to but didn't think you could do a poll with 16 options.

smiles33
01-27-2012, 01:16 PM
Interesting, I'm an ESTJ. Very slight S and T, but I'm 100% J--I'm very judgmental apparently! ;)

theriviera
01-27-2012, 01:18 PM
ESFP - I think i'm usually an ENFP though. The sensing was very weak today.

I'm not sure what DH is but I do that he would be a T - definitely not a F. I'm extremely F too :) My guess is that he is extremely T.

marymoo86
01-27-2012, 01:20 PM
ENTJ

Here

maestramommy
01-27-2012, 01:21 PM
INTJ. But the last couple of times I took it most of my results were pretty close to the middle. The I was probably the only one that was still pretty far over:p

elliput
01-27-2012, 01:35 PM
This time around I scored INTJ. A couple years ago, I scored ENTP. Other times, I have scored INTP and ENTJ. The I/E result really depends on how I am feeling when I take the test.

Melaine
01-27-2012, 01:41 PM
I just got ESFJ, over ENFJ....but it was a very weak S.

Pyrodjm
01-27-2012, 01:47 PM
ESFJ this time. I've taken it be though, can't remember what the results were though.

AnnieW625
01-27-2012, 02:09 PM
I am ISFJ, which fits me perfectly.

I consider myself an extrovert on this and other message boards I visit but in real life I am much more introverted. I am afraid of doing things wrong and or making people mad or getting in trouble. I am overly cautious. I like to research big ticket items, but I also like to buy things on the spur of the moment. I like to find a good deal on a new product, but if I have to spend more to get a quality product and I like the feel of it I will buy that without even thinking twice.

JElaineB
01-27-2012, 02:20 PM
In the past I've been an INTJ, but I just took the one above and I came out an ISTJ, but the S was very very weak.

I think ISTJ is pretty accurate. Definitely the I, T, and J. I think before speaking and am quiet in social settings. I'm definitely not a "feeler" and I have to work to a deadline and get frustrated by "P" people who seem to wait to the last minute on stuff.

Gee, and I wonder why I don't have many girl friends...most women are Es and Fs. Women just don't "get" me!

Interesting...I just took the quiz and I am exactly like you! :) In fact I think I used to be INTJ as well. I only scored a "1" on S (sensing) this time, but somehow I am ISTJ now. I do think it describes me quite well, though I do consider myself a procrastinater, but I always get the job done well and on time.

pb&j
01-27-2012, 02:21 PM
INFJ - Just like Oprah and Luke Skywalker!

Cam&Clay
01-27-2012, 02:21 PM
I was an ISFJ in college. Wonder if I'd be different now?

pinkmomagain
01-27-2012, 02:42 PM
INFJ. Funny because I'm always toying with the idea of going back to school to be some type of counselor. I remember when I got this score years back it said I should be in the clergy.

meggswife
01-27-2012, 02:46 PM
I'll have to go take the free test... but when I took the "real" test years ago I was an ENFP. My husband is an ISTJ which makes us complete opposites, but it works somehow. :)

FTMLuc
01-27-2012, 02:59 PM
INTJ
very expressed introvert, distinctively expressed intuitive personality, distinctively expressed thinking personality, distinctively expressed judging personality

fits me well on the I,T,J, and anm not so sure on the intuitive personality

KpbS
01-27-2012, 03:11 PM
In college I was an INFP or INTP(1 pt. separated) but today my results said INTJ. Hmmm...old age has made me more judgey? :ROTFLMAO:

roseyloxs
01-27-2012, 03:23 PM
I am ISFJ, which fits me perfectly.

I consider myself an extrovert on this and other message boards I visit but in real life I am much more introverted. I am afraid of doing things wrong and or making people mad or getting in trouble. I am overly cautious. I like to research big ticket items, but I also like to buy things on the spur of the moment. I like to find a good deal on a new product, but if I have to spend more to get a quality product and I like the feel of it I will buy that without even thinking twice.

:yeahthat: Especially the bold part. I wonder though if I have always been like this or if its a byproduct of always being told I was smart and reliable. Along the lines of those who say not to tell your children that they are pretty or smart because they will get obsessed with the label and avoid doing anything that could damage that label.

Penny's Pappa
01-27-2012, 03:26 PM
The free test says I'm an ESTJ. Checking out the Wiki page for ESTJs I'd say that's a fairly accurate result:

Myers-Briggs description
ESTJs are practical, realistic, and matter-of-fact, with a natural head for business or mechanics. Though they are not interested in subjects they see no use for, they can apply themselves when necessary. They like to organize and run activities. ESTJs make good administrators, especially if they remember to consider others' feelings and points of view, which they often miss.

Keirsey description
According to Keirsey, ESTJs are civic-minded individuals who dedicate themselves to maintaining the institutions behind a smooth-running society. They are defenders of the status quo and strong believers in rules and procedures. ESTJs are outgoing and do not hesitate to communicate their opinions and expectations to others.

SOURCE (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ESTJ#Characteristics_of_ESTJs)

DrSally
01-27-2012, 03:26 PM
Pre kids, in my 20's, i was a very strong ISTJ. Post grad school, i'm an INFJ, which is totally in line w/ my profession. Either I changed or I wanted to see myself as changed, prob a little of both. People critique this test as measuring "ideal self" vs. Real self. I do think it's useful for understanding differences in the workplace.

Eta: i didn't take it again now, may be different again, who knows

elektra
01-27-2012, 03:30 PM
ESFJ - Off to read up on what that means again. :)

hellokitty
01-27-2012, 03:32 PM
I re-took the test just to see if there have been any changes and I am still an INTJ.

However, when I originally took this as a teenager, I was an ISTP. That was 20 yrs ago. I've been an INTJ since my early 30's.

ETA the brief description of INTJ:

moderately expressed introvert
moderately expressed intuitive personality
moderately expressed thinking personality
distinctively expressed judging personality

missym
01-27-2012, 04:04 PM
LOVE the Myers-Briggs. I'm an INFP. I read an interesting book recently about parenting based on the MB - kids can't take the test, and obviously your type can change over the years, but it had some interesting insights on how personality type can influence parent-child interactions. I can pretty well guess what type Becca is, though Gwen is a little harder to pin down.

Nurture by Nature by Barbara Barron-Tieger (http://www.amazon.com/Nurture-Nature-Understand-Childs-Personality/dp/0316845132)

maestramommy
01-27-2012, 04:05 PM
I re-took the test just to see if there have been any changes and I am still an INTJ.

However, when I originally took this as a teenager, I was an ISTP. That was 20 yrs ago. I've been an INTJ since my early 30's.

ETA the brief description of INTJ:

moderately expressed introvert
moderately expressed intuitive personality
moderately expressed thinking personality
distinctively expressed judging personality

That's funny, almost the same here (INTP) ! I think the J kicked in when I became a teacher. It was still pretty moderate before kids. Now I wouldn't be surprised if it's become distinctive:tongue5:

trales
01-27-2012, 04:05 PM
ISTJ, but very weak on the S. It seems to fit.

MelissaTC
01-27-2012, 04:08 PM
I am an ENFP. My P is weak and on some tests, am a J.

I am married to an ENTJ.

g-mama
01-27-2012, 04:34 PM
I am ESFJ every time I take it.

MontrealMum
01-27-2012, 04:42 PM
On the free test I'm an INFJ. I've been an INTJ in the past. I think that both of those fit and I don't find them surprising at all.

I don't know if DH has ever taken the test before or not but I'm sure the first trait would be an E for him.

wendibird22
01-27-2012, 04:46 PM
Lots and lots of Is and Js. I guess many of the Es have "real" friends and the Ps are too busy to come post here. I'm glad we have some Es and Ps though here to keep this place lively!

JoyNChrist
01-27-2012, 04:49 PM
I'm an ENFJ.

elephantmeg
01-27-2012, 04:59 PM
INFJ. When I took it for the last time in nursing school (my mom LOVES these tests and we took them several times growing up) 90% of the group were ENFJ, 2 of us were INFJ and there was one other. It was bizarre!

octmom
01-27-2012, 05:06 PM
The last time I took it was part of a leadership program at work in 2007, but I was an ENFP, just like I had been in the past. The E was very clear, but the NFP has mellowed part has mellowed with age. I was a "slight" J and moderate N and F in 2007, when I was in my mid-thirties. IIRC, I was more in the clear/ very clear ranges for these about a decade earlier.

ETA: I just took the freebie linked above and it rates me as ENFJ, but the J is fairly weak. My F has strengthened a bit since the last time.

♥ms.pacman♥
01-27-2012, 05:07 PM
INTP. I followed the links and it classified INTP as "the architect", which is part of the "rational" group. interesting, as in junior high/high school i always wanted to be an architect (though i became an engineer instead)!

the description actually fit me pretty well. i do have difficulty making really close friends where i live now, because most people i meet are other SAHMs, and i feel like i have little in common with them (despite being a SAHM myself..maybe this is why i often struggle staying at home often). i am used to having mostly male friends, who are of science/technical backgrounds. I do like doing things like girls night out and all that, but i find it hard to say anything in big groups of women. LOL. My favorite sitcom right now is the Big Bang Theory. I am NOT the Penny character at all..i am like Amy Farrah Fowler (Blossom). Though I would never date a guy like Sheldon. LOL.

Mopey
01-27-2012, 05:27 PM
Thanks for posting this - so interesting! I am also an ENFJ.

SnuggleBuggles
01-27-2012, 05:34 PM
ESTJ. It's been years since I have taken it but that sounds about right!

mom_hanna
01-27-2012, 05:42 PM
INTJ

Yup, me too. A distinctly expressed introvert. Perhaps why I am on the internet.

Jennifer

karstmama
01-27-2012, 05:49 PM
enfp. i'm surprised to see so many enfp's on the thread - it's supposed to be a less common type. which suits us, since we want to be different!

gobadgers
01-27-2012, 05:50 PM
INFP. I took the test years ago at my engineering job. We plotted our results (because we are engineers), and there were 3 IN-P, with about 30 ESTJs. Rather stark difference!

DH is an ISTJ.

jren
01-27-2012, 06:20 PM
INFJ. But the I was close to being an E. Which is true b/c I used to be extremely shy but am way more outgoing now. Maybe in a few years I'll "make it" to E!

MontrealMum
01-27-2012, 06:33 PM
Lots and lots of Is and Js. I guess many of the Es have "real" friends and the Ps are too busy to come post here. I'm glad we have some Es and Ps though here to keep this place lively!

Yeah, I think it only makes sense that a lot of us are Is!

roseyloxs
01-27-2012, 06:52 PM
Is this true for anyone else? The Myers-Briggs description is dead on for me (ISFJ) but the Keirsey description doesn't really sound like me at all. Maybe its because my SF are very low?

mjs64
01-27-2012, 07:25 PM
I'm an INFP. Always an INFP.

Mermanaid
01-27-2012, 07:50 PM
ESFJ for me. And I had to laugh when Monica (Friends) showed up as an ESFJ too. Wow.

kijip
01-27-2012, 08:48 PM
ENTJ

My husband is INTJ which I always find a little funny that we are only off by the first letter.

This also means that I have the same MB as Newt Gingrich, my favorite person. :ROTFLMAO:

buddyleebaby
01-27-2012, 09:25 PM
ISFP.

That's all I have to say but the above is too short to be posted alone.

amandabea
01-27-2012, 09:35 PM
INTJ

:yeahthat: Me, too. And I'm always an INTJ, too.

I enjoyed reading the links to the various Keirsey temperament sorter factors related to the Meyers-Briggs analysis...apparently, because I'm really introverted and really judgy (who knew? I try so hard to agree to disagree), I'm a mastermind. Insert evil laugh here.

Another INTJ here. I have been an ISTJ in the past as well.

OKKiddo
01-27-2012, 10:06 PM
I just got ESFJ, over ENFJ....but it was a very weak S.

Me too! I had 1% for the S! :)

infomama
01-27-2012, 10:08 PM
ISFJ....always have been. They call my type "The Defender".
Mother Theresa and Robert E. Lee were ISFJs...funny since I'm actually related to General Lee.

lmh2402
01-27-2012, 10:11 PM
ISFJ....always have been.

:yeahthat:

zoestargrove
01-27-2012, 10:14 PM
INFP

it's been that way everytime I take it.

momtoonegirl
01-27-2012, 11:02 PM
I'm an INFJ. From reading the description, it seems pretty accurate.

gobadgers
01-27-2012, 11:08 PM
I just took the test again and came up with INTP, although every time I've taken it before I've been and INFP. And now I'm a little worried, because my mother is an INTP too. Please tell me I'm not turning into her!!

erosenst
01-27-2012, 11:26 PM
Just took the 'quickie' test - ENFJ. When I took the 'real' one (pre-kid) I was ENTJ. Both are rather unusual (2-5% of the population, and a quick scan of this poll holds true). And both times not 'strong' in any of the categories -which is true of me in all of these kinds of tests. Having said that, the way I score sounds like me; the opposites don't if that makes sense.

Always fun reading about this -

val01
01-28-2012, 11:03 PM
INTJ - describes me perfectly. I have been an INTJ since high school.

Valerie

mommy111
01-29-2012, 12:35 AM
ENTJ here. Not sure what that means except I don't like being described as 'field marshal' :hysterical: But I guess being Steve Jobs' personality type can't be all bad

noodle
01-29-2012, 02:03 PM
INFJ.
Barely an F.
Married to an ENFJ.

Globetrotter
01-29-2012, 02:29 PM
I'm ESFJ now (used to be INFP when I was younger!).

slightly expressed extravert
slightly expressed sensing personality (borderline)
moderately expressed feeling personality
slightly expressed judging personality

I am very social and thrive on being around friends, BUT I enjoy hanging out with close friends vs. going to a party and meeting new people.