PDA

View Full Version : How do I thank these people?

crl
01-27-2012, 08:46 PM
I have great friends and the best neighborhood ever. We trade babysitting and grocery shopping favors and the like all the time.

The past two weeks, dh, dd and I have been horribly sick. Dd ended up with pneumonia and an ER trip. Our friends and neighbors have really gone above and beyond to get us through this.

D is a good friend whose kids go to school with older ds. She picked ds up on short notice three separate times for me.

L is a neighbor who brought me popsicles (twice) and milk.

L2 is a neighbor who is an ER doc and came and checked on dd several times and had her daughter walk our dog.

T is a neighbor who is a peds nurse and came and checked on dd several times, went to the pharmacy for me and picked up a med for dd while dh was on a wild goose chase for a different med. She also loaned me her car when I couldn't find my keys so I could pick up my antibiotics prescription.

How do I thank these people? As I said above, in this neighborhood, we routinely trade off picking things up at the store and babysitting for each other. But D, T and L2 especially went above and beyond and I am not sure how we would have managed without them.

Edible arrangements?

Thanks for ideas,
Catherine

roseyloxs
01-27-2012, 08:49 PM
I would be pleasantly surprised by an edible arrangement. I think that sounds like a great gesture. So jealous of your neighborhood. It makes me miss our last one which was very similar.

firstbaby
01-27-2012, 08:57 PM
I think an edible arrangement, nice bottle of wine, a gc for a pedi or a starbucks gift card would all be wonderful gifts to say thanks. Glad you and your family are on the mend and you've had the support of friends/neighbors.

Mopey
01-27-2012, 09:15 PM
Those all sound like lovely ideas. And you can always include a little note along the lines of "I know we are all great about helping each other but thank you for going above and beyond during such a rough week...." or something like that.

Your neighborhood sounds wonderful! So great :) And so glad you are all on the mend!

DietCokeLover
01-27-2012, 09:18 PM
I think that sounds like a great thank you gift. What a great neighborhood you have.

infomama
01-27-2012, 09:26 PM
I think an edible arrangement and a heartfelt note would be awesome. So glad you have such a supportive community around you.

SkyrMommy
01-27-2012, 09:35 PM
I think an edible arrangement and a heartfelt note would be awesome. So glad you have such a supportive community around you.

:yeahthat: I think that sounds perfect. What a great group!

peanut520
01-27-2012, 10:54 PM
What wonderful neighbors. I like to give amazon or trader joes gift cards.

twowhat?
01-27-2012, 10:58 PM
I think ANYTHING would be heartfelt and much appreciated! Gift card, edible arrangements, whatever! How awesome to have such wonderful friends and neighbors! And so glad you're all on the mend:)

DrSally
01-27-2012, 11:00 PM
Any of the above, and can I say how jealous i am?

crl
01-27-2012, 11:01 PM
Thank you all for the wonderful suggestions! I think I will check in with dh and see what he thinks. I'm thinking wine for L (she loves it) and D (I did an edible arrangement for her once before) and an edible arrangement for T and L2.

Catherine

mackmama
01-27-2012, 11:17 PM
How about a dinner party?

crl
01-27-2012, 11:49 PM
How about a dinner party?

That's a lovely thought. I am afraid it will be awhile before I feel well enough to pull that off and I'd like to do something more immediate.

Catherine

DebbieJ
01-28-2012, 12:46 AM
If I were one of them, I would be just as pleased to received a hand written thank you note. No additional gift required. When I was feeling up to it, I might bake them a loaf of banana bread or have them over for dinner.

candaceb
01-28-2012, 10:18 AM
I was in a similar position after having been on bedrest for 6 weeks with my first pregnancy. I baked a batch of these brownies:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/outrageous-brownies-recipe3/index.html
and put about six of them in a cellophane bag with a ribbon, and then wrote a thank you note for each neighbor who helped. People seemed to appreciate the handwritten thank you note as much as the brownies.