PDA

View Full Version : Favorite American Apparel items

jgenie
01-27-2012, 10:19 PM
I'm thinking of ordering a few items. I seem to remember the name coming up in the MomWear threads. Any suggestions on what to try? TIA

Beth24
01-28-2012, 12:46 AM
I just bought a pair of the winter leggings (thanks Scriptkitten) and I love them!

http://store.americanapparel.net/rsatt328.html

historybird
01-29-2012, 04:24 PM
American Apparel sells the best tights. They fit well & and last forever.

scriptkitten
01-29-2012, 05:09 PM
You are welcome, beth!!!!

garnetgirl
01-30-2012, 07:04 PM
The winter leggings are indeed great! I am kind of stockpiling the black ones that you can occasionally find with a brushed fleece lining instead of the rougher terry lining. They look the same and are considered the same model, but the fleecy ones have 91% cotton/9% Spandex while the terry have 95% cotton/5% Spandex. If you order online, you don't know what you'll receive (but my first fleecy pair came in an online order), but if you go to a store you can check the racks yourself. The salespeople, while usually pretty knowledgeable and helpful, will probably have no idea a fleecy version exists; they have been shocked when I have found a pair. I have found one each at three different stores but never in any color but black. I sound like a nut talking about and hunting down these leggings, but the fleecy ones are infinitely softer/cozier than the terry ones and I love them!

Beth24
01-31-2012, 02:59 AM
I will have to check mine...they felt really soft and fleecy! Thanks for letting me know!