PDA

View Full Version : I wish I could cross-stitch

infomama
01-28-2012, 05:36 PM
Because this is such a sweet little number.
http://www.etsy.com/listing/90372961/custom-i-love-us-valentine-cross-stitch

boogiemomz
01-28-2012, 05:50 PM
You can!!! Cross stitching is SO easy, the pattern tells you exactly what to do! That is super cute and you can totally do it. Go infomama go!!

infomama
01-28-2012, 05:51 PM
Go infomama go!!

Your killin' me! :hysterical:

maestramommy
01-28-2012, 05:53 PM
I can't crochet, do needlepoint, or knit. But I can cross stitch. It is super easy. go for it!

mom2akm
01-28-2012, 06:02 PM
Go for it, Infomama. You can do it. I love to cross stitch.

crl
01-28-2012, 06:16 PM
Oh, you really can. I can't sew or knit or anything, but I can cross stitch. Go find a YouTube or something and you'll be able to do it in a minute. And that design is super easy too.

Catherine

ellies mom
01-28-2012, 06:17 PM
Cross Stitch is easy. And that project extra very easy. If you can count and know how to make an "X", you can cross stitch.

Pear
01-28-2012, 06:25 PM
I learned to cross-stitch when I was 6 or 7. It is ridiculously easy and that pattern would make a very good beginner project.

infomama
01-28-2012, 06:27 PM
OK I watched a video and I can totally do this BUT since I posted this thread...the item sold! It's a PDF so hopefully she will re-list it.

mommy111
01-28-2012, 06:28 PM
Cross stitching is ridiculously easy. And you can totally do it. Go for it!!!!

boogiemomz
01-28-2012, 06:40 PM
OK I watched a video and I can totally do this BUT since I posted this thread...the item sold! It's a PDF so hopefully she will re-list it.

Yeah, I can't imagine why that would be an item that's only available one-at-a-time.

lkarp
01-28-2012, 06:57 PM

Convo her and see if she can do a special listing for you. I've done that in the past and the sellers have always been very accomodating.

mama2g03
01-28-2012, 07:19 PM
Cute shop! Added to my favorites. Good luck w/the cross-stitching. It really is super easy.

Corie
01-28-2012, 09:12 PM
I need to learn to cross stitch too! I'd like to finish my mom's
cross stitch projects and frame them. (I have at least 10 unfinished
projects. She'd start one, get bored and then switch to a new cross-stitch
pattern.)

kep
01-28-2012, 11:08 PM
I love to cross-stitch. It is really easy. I taught myself pre-kids, when I had this strange thing called "free time". ;)

infomama
01-28-2012, 11:15 PM
Got it! I'm excited!

elephantmeg
01-28-2012, 11:17 PM
Got it! I'm excited!

I got one too! I wonder how much business she is going to get from the BBB?

infomama
01-28-2012, 11:19 PM
I got one too! I wonder how much business she is going to get from the BBB?

She was featured on Cool Mom Picks so I bet today was a fantastic day for her!

elephantmeg
02-13-2012, 06:27 PM
so, how are things going? I procrastinated and really started working on it this afternoon when I woke up (worked last night). I've got the heart done, just need to do the banner/words/initials. I hope I'll have some time to work on it tonight at work. Of course this afternoon I've had to help the kids finish their valentines...

infomama
02-13-2012, 06:35 PM
Well...I have the fabric in the hoop. Seriously I'm a horrible procrastinator. When I saw this thread pop back up I was like eeek! I'm going to work on it tonight but it won't be done in time. I think I'm kind of intimidated to start it

ellies mom
02-13-2012, 09:49 PM
Well...I have the fabric in the hoop. Seriously I'm a horrible procrastinator. When I saw this thread pop back up I was like eeek! I'm going to work on it tonight but it won't be done in time. I think I'm kind of intimidated to start it

Just start it!!! It is a needle, thread and a bit of cloth. There are no power tools involved, so no worry of lost limbs and no glue gun, so you won't even burn fingers. If you make a mistake, take it out.

The pattern you chose is super easy. You can easily do this. Just make sure all your X's are made the same way and it will come out great.

I wish I could find an on-line picture of my first pattern. I was too inexperienced to know that it was a completely insane first project. But I managed and so will you.

Momit
02-13-2012, 09:58 PM
This is so cute! It's available on Etsy again now. I might get it and put it away for next year. I cross-stitched our family tree when I was in high school and it was not difficult. But I remember racing to finish it for my Grandma as my dad was picking her up from the airport! Maybe I should do the Valentine one right when I get it instead of waiting until next year...

infomama
02-13-2012, 10:03 PM
Just start it!!! It is a needle, thread and a bit of cloth. There are no power tools involved, so no worry of lost limbs and no glue gun, so you won't even burn fingers. If you make a mistake, take it out.

Thanks for the kick in the pants (and the laugh). Getting on it...now!

wencit
02-13-2012, 10:05 PM
I wish I could find an on-line picture of my first pattern. I was too inexperienced to know that it was a completely insane first project. But I managed and so will you. My very first attempt at cross stitching (aside from a few practice patterns) was this humongous wedding doves thing that I wanted to do for my parents' 20th anniversary. It didn't look like it would take too much time. Uh, let's just say that despite burning the midnight oil several weeks before their 20th anniversary, I ended up giving it to them for their 21st! :ROTFLMAO:

MamaKath
02-13-2012, 11:07 PM

Do you have graph paper? You could quickly sketch it out. Ita that cross stitching is easy and that would be especially so as it is one color and very small.

MamaKath
02-13-2012, 11:10 PM
Thanks for the kick in the pants (and the laugh). Getting on it...now!

:hysterical:
Lol, I am realizing now the thread was old. Can't wait to see a pic of the final project in the am!

Trigglet
02-14-2012, 12:09 AM
Ooh, that's too cute! I haven't done cross stitching in forever, but you've totally inspired me to find a pattern and try it again. I love this one, but I think 10pm on 13th Feb is a bit late to order this particular pattern :ROTFLMAO:

GL and hope it's going well!