PDA

View Full Version : LOL as if taking kids to the potty wasn't hard enough!

LMPC
01-29-2012, 02:16 PM
Has anyone seen these?!
http://www.amazon.com/Potty-Mitts-Disposable-Hand-Covers/dp/B000ZZCANU/ref=sr_1_3?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1327860862&sr=1-3
Really, I can't imagine using these IRL. By the time you get to the bathroom, get the pants down, and put them on the potty....you are also supposed to stick gloves on them as well? Yeah, right!

JoyNChrist
01-29-2012, 02:25 PM
I'm waiting for them to come out with kiddie-size Hazmat suits for potty trips next.

Seriously, it's a bathroom in a developed country. Wash your hands and go on about your day!

ellies mom
01-29-2012, 02:43 PM
I'm waiting for them to come out with kiddie-size Hazmat suits for potty trips next.

Seriously, it's a bathroom in a developed country. Wash your hands and go on about your day!

:yeahthat:

Consider it "immune system building". Way more effective than extra vitamins.

Seitvonzu
01-29-2012, 02:49 PM
a "must have?" omgoodness! i think products can make people crazy :)

Puddy73
01-29-2012, 05:29 PM
Silly me, I just taught my kids to hold on to my legs instead of the seat!

hellokitty
01-29-2012, 05:51 PM
Lol, I know someone who would probably buy this for her kid...

ellies mom
01-29-2012, 06:10 PM
Lol, I know someone who would probably buy this for her kid...
I have a friend who probably would have too. She was completely baffled when one of her completely potty trained daughters started having accidents at pre-school (almost 5). She had drilled it into their heads that they weren't to touch public toilets and always lifted them onto toilets but in pre-school her daughter had to go by herself and couldn't figure out how to get on the toilet without touching it. Hence the accidents. It just never dawned on her. In her defense, her daughters were preemie twins and she had a really good reason for being a germophobe. But now that they are nine, she will admit that maybe she took it a little too far for a little too long.

wellyes
01-29-2012, 06:28 PM
Profiting off paranoia. Sigh.

♥ms.pacman♥
01-29-2012, 06:36 PM

LOL and :yeahthat:

seriously, i'm one of those that just does not get these sort of things. i know i've said this here before, but public toilets are actually pretty clean compared to other things (doorknobs, computer keyboards, money, the inside of cars), because they are cleaned much more often.

LMPC
01-29-2012, 06:50 PM
Actually, I hold the patent on these and just wanted to get an idea of what people thought.

JUST KIDDING!! They are the most ridiculous things I have ever seen!!!

MamaMolly
01-29-2012, 07:01 PM
Oh please. Lula is so freaked out about the automatic flush toilets she never touches the potty anyway. Her hands are over her ears!

ncat
01-29-2012, 07:08 PM
no reviews yet

elliput
01-29-2012, 08:32 PM
Exactly what I was thinking. It is amazing what a little soap and water will accomplish.

wendibird22
01-29-2012, 08:40 PM
DD2s issue isn't touching the potty but touching her vajay as or immediately after going. If I put those on her I think it would just make touching herself all the more appealing!

LMPC
01-29-2012, 09:23 PM
dd2s issue isn't touching the potty but touching her vajay as or immediately after going. If i put those on her i think it would just make touching herself all the more appealing!

:rotflmao:

vejemom
01-29-2012, 09:48 PM
Oh please. Lula is so freaked out about the automatic flush toilets she never touches the potty anyway. Her hands are over her ears!

Oh, good! I thought my kids were the only ones with automatic flush paranoia :bighand:

sarahsthreads
01-29-2012, 10:26 PM
Oh, good! I thought my kids were the only ones with automatic flush paranoia :bighand:

Hah! DD2 is so paranoid it's the first thing she asks about any toilet we visit - including ones in private homes and ones she's visited many times before. There are no manual flush toilets *anywhere* in our mall and she's held it for hours and hours when we've done big shopping trips because she refuses to even sit on a toilet that's automatic flush.

Sarah :)

wendibird22
01-30-2012, 10:06 AM

A friend told me to carry post it notes in your purse and place one over the sensor. Keeps the toilet from flushing. The first time that it flushed automatically on DD1 she just about jumped over the stall door she was so scared.

missiethegal
01-31-2012, 02:12 PM
My favorite part is the ad beneath the Potty MITTS...

"Customers Viewing This Page May Be Interested in These Sponsored Links (What's this?)
MITT Romney for President - This election, let's fight for the America we love."

guess that's what you get for having a weird first name. lol

lizzywednesday
01-31-2012, 02:56 PM
seriously, i'm one of those that just does not get these sort of things. i know i've said this here before, but public toilets are actually pretty clean compared to other things (doorknobs, computer keyboards, money, the inside of cars), because they are cleaned much more often.

I keep Clorox wipes and spray cleanser in my desk drawer because I eat at my desk.

I give it a good wipedown every couple months, more often if I've been ill, and always a VERY thorough cleaning before I'll be out of the office for any extended period of time.

But, it's never occurred to me to worry about germs on a public toilet seat that looked otherwise OK. (Bathrooms in the south-of-Exit-8-Turnpike rest stations and south of Atlantic City on the Parkway, on the other hand, could DEFINITELY use those HazMat suits. It's no wonder they don't have changing tables ... nobody would clean them if they had.)