PDA

View Full Version : I just have to say...

Twoboos
01-30-2012, 03:28 PM
I love my Dansko Professional clogs.

But I do not approve of these. AT ALL. There is no place for a Dansko clog/sneaker hybrid.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/dansko-veda-clog/3123085?origin=keywordsearch&resultback=1748

mommytoC
01-30-2012, 04:16 PM

But I do not approve of these. AT ALL. There is no place for a Dansko clog/sneaker hybrid.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/dansko-veda-clog/3123085?origin=keywordsearch&resultback=1748

:yeahthat:

I'm with you...I love my Dansko clogs, ankle boots and tall boots, but when I want sneakers, I think I'll stick with Tretorns (or similar) .

mommytoC
01-30-2012, 04:17 PM
Duplicate post.

WatchingThemGrow
01-30-2012, 04:29 PM
Awww, I could match DS2's handmedown keds. He would be so thrilled!!!

wallawala
01-30-2012, 04:33 PM
Do they come with a matching fannypack? Yikes!!

I'm a dansko fan too, but wow, just wow...

Nordstroms I'm ashamed FOR YOU!

DrSally
01-30-2012, 05:20 PM

Wow, those are a little nutso.

mrshalco
01-30-2012, 06:17 PM
Guess I'm in the minority....I think they are cute :)

hillview
01-30-2012, 08:22 PM
I feel like I'd have to try them on!

mypa
01-31-2012, 12:15 AM
I feel like I'd have to try them on!

Me, too.

I'm tempted to try these on as well.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/dansko-valerie-clog/3215855?origin=related-3215855-0-0-1-1

WitMom
01-31-2012, 07:29 AM
Those are kind of funny. The white ones look INCREDIBLY orthopedic.

Clarity
01-31-2012, 09:29 AM
I think they're kind of cute too. The blue ones most of all. :shrug:

wendibird22
01-31-2012, 09:34 AM
I think they're kind of cute too. The blue ones most of all. :shrug:
:yeahthat:

hellokitty
01-31-2012, 09:44 AM
Lol, I'm also a big dansko fan and I tried on these dansko sneaker/clogs last yr. They are ok, they are definitely VERY clunky, and like some have pointed out, scream, "orthopaedic." I actually did not find them as comfy as their regular clogs, but I thought that they were kind of cute ugly looking, but just not on MY feet. :p

Twoboos
01-31-2012, 09:45 AM
I am waiting for our Un-official Panel of Fashion Experts to chime in. (That'd be arivecchi, goldenpig and scriptkitten!)

If any of them would wear these, I'll reconsider. :bowdown:

hellokitty
01-31-2012, 09:50 AM
I am waiting for our Un-official Panel of Fashion Experts to chime in. (That'd be arivecchi, goldenpig and scriptkitten!)

LMAO, I think that we are all pretty sure what their answer will be a, "HELL NO!"

mjrwe
01-31-2012, 01:54 PM
nms!

they kind of remind me of the 90's fad clunky heel sneaker - totally had a pair in jr. high. best pick I could find online:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/87560092/90s-chunky-tan-canvas-platform-sneaker

tarahsolazy
01-31-2012, 11:12 PM
I bought a pair of super-ugly peach plaid Vedas (just like those) for $29 on 6pm this summer. They live in my office for when I'm unexpectedly there overnight and wore shoes that don't go with scrubs that day. Ugly call shoes! They are comfy, though.

goldenpig
02-01-2012, 12:26 AM

Twoboos, you are hilarious! :love-retry:

I used to wear Dansko clogs all the time! I wore at least two or three pairs out completely! I had one in brown and one in black and that's pretty much what I wore every day. But the problem with the Dansko clogs was I was higher up off the ground due to the soles and so if the ground was uneven, I kept twisting my ankles. Once I was wearing the clogs and tripped and fell onto my belly when I was 8 months pregnant with DD. That was scary! So I switched to Merrell Mocs (again one brown, one black) and wore those ad nauseum until I joined YLF. I still wear them once in a while, but just not every day. Now I've moved on to more stylish footwear including pumps and boots. I also recently bought two pairs of Converse All Stars (red and yellow) and I LOVE them! Perfect mom on the go shoe (I posted a pic in the new favorite outfits thread). I would try those first unless you really need the arch support and Dansko soles. My concern about these Veda clogs (like everyone else mentioned) is they look rather clunky and orthopedic. Also I'm not sure if they would be prone to the ankle twisting like the Dansko clogs. I think Scriptkitten posted a pic of herself in wedge sneakers and those could be fun, but if I'm wearing a sneaker I think I'd want a flat heel for running around with the kids.

ETA: Just saw Tarah's response, LOL about ugly call shoes. If I was a resident and still taking in-house call I might try a pair! Dansko clogs are the quintessential resident/nurse shoe. I have a high tolerance for trying things on and returning them if they don't work so if you really like them, give them a try!