PDA

View Full Version : Anybody see "One for the Money"?

StantonHyde
01-30-2012, 04:38 PM
I love, love, love Stephanie Plum but I have my trepidations about this film. Anybody see it yet? Like it?

AngB
01-30-2012, 04:38 PM
I am going to soon. I actually am one of the few people who likes the people they picked after seeing the preview.

sntm
01-30-2012, 04:43 PM
I bought the groupon. Worst case, it'll be a fun girls outing.

anonomom
01-30-2012, 06:18 PM
Given the reviews, I'm hesitant to see it. BUt I love the books, too.

solsister
01-30-2012, 06:31 PM
Love Janet Evanovich. Love Stephanie Plum.
Did not love the movie, at all. Total disappointment.
What were they thinking when they chose Katherine Hegl?
Her "accent" is awful, and distracting.

katydid1971
01-30-2012, 06:34 PM
I bought the groupon. Worst case, it'll be a fun girls outing.
:yeahthat: A girl friend and I are meeting for dinner then the movie this weekend. I'm looking forward to it. The jury is still out for me on Katherine Heigl as Stephanie Plum but they got Ranger perfect IMO ;).

Karenn
01-30-2012, 07:55 PM
I saw it. It was entertaining enough. I thought the actors chosen to play Morelli and Ranger did not fit their rolls. I also thought Katherine Heigl's jersey accent was atrocious and that she wasn't necessarily the best fit for Stephanie Plum. It could have been a lot worse though.

karstmama
01-30-2012, 08:09 PM
heh. i didn't have a problem with katherine's accent & liked the movie a lot - i thought they really captured the book - though *julia roberts, who is from georgia* had a horrible southern accent in 'steel magnolias'. though olympia dukakis' was way worse, of course.

i liked the movie. not a deep, life-changing cinema offering, but a very pleasant movie.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
01-31-2012, 01:48 AM
heh. i didn't have a problem with katherine's accent & liked the movie a lot - i thought they really captured the book - though *julia roberts, who is from georgia* had a horrible southern accent in 'steel magnolias'. though olympia dukakis' was way worse, of course.

i liked the movie. not a deep, life-changing cinema offering, but a very pleasant movie.

:yeahthat: It was cute and entertaining. Not a great movie, but I liked it. MY GF that went with me never read the books and was laughing SO hard, she loved it. She is going to start reading the books.

kijip
01-31-2012, 01:52 AM

:yeahthat: J and I had passes for AMC so we went on Friday and this looked to be the most entertaining option that was starting in the hour we wanted to arrive. Enjoyable. I like the main male actor a lot- he was in the American version of Life on Mars and I think he is a good actor.

I have never read the book. Maybe I will now that I have less of a stack of work related reading to plow through.

LKMang
01-31-2012, 09:22 AM
A bunch of coworkers and I saw it on Sunday. We have all read all the books and love the stephanie plum series (we work in a library right outside trenton). I thought it was cute. I knew it wasn't gonna be anything great and wasn't gonna match what was in my head from the book. Heigl was better than I expected, but I expected her to be terrible. I wish the Morelli character looked more Italian, but he acted very much like I expect Morelli to (and he was hot!). We all thought the Ranger character talked too much, especially for the beginning books.

I wish they would have done a later book, when Lula and Grandma were in it more. But I thought it was worth seeing.

kboyle
01-31-2012, 05:03 PM
a friend and i went yesterday afternoon. we've both read the series, and liked it. i liked Katherine H as Stephanie Plum and Morelli's character...I thought Ranger would be bigger...and more of a dark character/less talking/not so smiley, lol.

loved Lula and Grandma, i too wish they could've jumped ahead to where they had more involvement in the plots.

all in all i thought it was good.

StantonHyde
02-01-2012, 01:06 AM
I'm not expecting Academy Award winning here, I just don't want painful ;) Sounds like it could be ok. But I don't think DH will want to see it.