PDA

View Full Version : BTDT help? Does your child lie?

kellij
01-30-2012, 06:26 PM
My DS just turned 7 and is in first grade. He seems to lie about about the most random stuff, for no apparent reason. Like this morning he lied to DH about whether he had changed his underwear. Friday he lied to me about whether he had opened a window.

My biggest concern is that if he's lying now about stuff that doesn't even matter, what will happen when he's a teenager and a lie could be a scary thing?

Are there any good parenting books about this? His other issue is that he's a ridiculously sweet kid to his teacher and friends at school, but this he flips a switch and can just be mean to his sister, who is almost 6.

janeybwild
01-30-2012, 07:29 PM
No BTDT, and not to make light of this issue, but you have to check out episode 2 of Outnumbered (our is On Demand on Comcast). It's a British show about parenting and that episode is all about lying. If nothing else, it will give you a chuckle. It is simply hilarious.

kellij
01-30-2012, 08:03 PM
No BTDT, and not to make light of this issue, but you have to check out episode 2 of Outnumbered (our is On Demand on Comcast). It's a British show about parenting and that episode is all about lying. If nothing else, it will give you a chuckle. It is simply hilarious.

Funny. Thanks, I will see if it's on netflix. :)