PDA

View Full Version : Iphone / Google calendar question

Mikey0709
01-31-2012, 11:42 AM
Hoping you expert users can guide me!

Currently i have an older 3g iphone. I use the calendar CONSTANTLY - - and would be lost without it.

I read on these blogs that the google calendar and calengoo app are the way to go for sharing / saving calendars. Sounds PERFECT for me.

If i create a google calendar - any way to get my iphone calendar over to it? or do i just have to manually put everything onto a google calendar? I haven't even looked into the google calendar yet - but i'm thinking if i have to do it manually this can take alot of time as i have things scheduled a year from now.... and don't want to miss anything.

My main purpose for this -- is that i plan on upgrading my phone and getting my husband an iphone.... and i'd like us to be able to share calendars.

Anyone know?

wellyes
01-31-2012, 11:44 AM
When you create a google calendar, either on your computer or the phone, it lives in 'the cloud'. You can then access and update it from any phone or computer.

I don't know if Calengoo is necessary for iphone. It is *great* for an ipod touch that has to be updated offline sometimes, but for my iphone, I tend to just use the Google calendar app (free).

khm
01-31-2012, 12:08 PM
When you set up the google calendar on your computer, you can import your iCal or Outlook calendar into it.

Go to settings, calendars and hit the import link. You'll then browse to your data. (I'm assuming your iPhone syncs to a computer? If not, sync it to something, then import that into google calendar.)

wendibird22
01-31-2012, 12:19 PM
I have iphone 4 (not the s) and it sinks with google calendar via icloud. You can set up your calendar under settings on your phone.

wolverine2
01-31-2012, 12:26 PM
Can I ask a spinoff question?

Each member of my family has their own google calendar in different colors, so we can tell who is doing what. Viewing them all at once on a monthly calendar is my preference. On my iphone, I can only see my google calendar. I assume I need an app to see all of them? I didn't find a google calendar app when I looked (made by google). Might just spend the "big bucks" for calengoo if nothing else will let me see all calendars.